is blue tang suitable for 2ft tank?

sunnymau

• SRC Member
as above. i m in love with blue tang, but my tank is only 2ftx2ftx2.5ft(H), is ti possible to keep them with such small tank? :blink:

nope. not advisable.

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

get the one inch ones...when it reaches 2 inches...call me...I'll adopt it :evil:

seriously...not ver shiok to see the tang paddle once or twice...reached the pthe end of the tank liaoz ;)

At least in a 4ft tank...can paddle 5 times :lol: before reaching the other end ;)

• SRC Member
get the one inch ones...when it reaches 2 inches...call me...I'll adopt it :evil:

seriously...not ver shiok to see the tang paddle once or twice...reached the pthe end of the tank liaoz ;)

At least in a 4ft tank...can paddle 5 times :lol: before reaching the other end ;)

HAHAHAH.... cannot believe that you used the word "paddle"...as if the tang carries a pair of boat paddles as it swims...so cute so cute... :lol:

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

hai..

i think i will not buy it liao. dun wish to restirct them.

any nice fish to recomend for my tank? ;)

• SRC Member

hai..

i think i will not buy it liao. dun wish to restirct them.

any nice fish to recomend for my tank? ;)

how about a 3-4 orange or purple fire gobies? or a pair of clown fish? :rolleyes:

HAHAHAH.... cannot believe that you used the word "paddle"...as if the tang carries a pair of boat paddles as it swims...so cute so cute... :lol:

I always have this thought...the way the tangs, esp hippo tang...really cute...go observe..you'll see what I mean :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Make sure your tank has a canopy or something to prevent them from jumping out of your tank whenever they are stressed or something. my fire goby used to jump out quite easily, so igave them away in the end... :P since your depth is 2.5ft (wah! ur tank very deep leh), hopefully it wont be a problem for you. :)

clownman...nothing beats hearing from a reefer who actually has the blue tang in a small tank.... :lol:

These are active fishes...so it will cope but it isnt suitable as they cant swim wel.....I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing it zip from one corner to another....hmm.............3ft tank...ok.......4 paddles..it'll reach the other end :lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

what abt fire fish? thy seems quite nice also.

btw how many fishes should i keep in my small tank? i m using only prizm skimmer and refugium for my filtration. sorry, i m have not much idea abt fish. haha :P anyone got the pic for the fire gobby? :blink:

• SRC Member
what abt fire fish? thy seems quite nice also.

btw how many fishes should i keep in my small tank? i m using only prizm skimmer and refugium for my filtration. sorry, i m have not much idea abt fish. haha :P anyone got the pic for the fire gobby? :blink:

Fire goby is the fish at the main page of sgreef.... ;)

Got one myself...cute but very nervous....maybe from earlier threads might be better to have another 1 or 2, although I also read that they fight....

Fire goby is the fish at the main page of sgreef.... ;)

Got one myself...cute but very nervous....maybe from earlier threads might be better to have another 1 or 2, although I also read that they fight....

oic :idea: fire goby=fire fish :yeah: i have been thinking of having this fish also ;) but how many should i keep? will orange and purple fire fight each other?

• SRC Member
oic :idea: fire goby=fire fish :yeah: i have been thinking of having this fish also ;) but how many should i keep? will orange and purple fire fight each other?

they won't fight when place together. many reefers have them co-existing peacefully.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif