My Wife's Tank

LinkinPark

• SRC Member

Wow, so white still can recover back............stunning.........how long does it takes to recover? Any special dosage of chemical ? What's the alkalinity and calcium level?

Eric

Hi Eric

I brought the bleached brain to her tank in Jan ...

To help the fella to recover, I performed forthnightly water change to maintain good water quality and fed it regularly with prawn (soaked in Kent's Zoe)

I did not bother @ the Ca & Alk level and perform no parameter test (This is a bad practice that no reefer should follow). The Ca & ALK will be replenished thru water change.

• SRC Member
wow... how u manage to get such good polyp extension for ur cup coral? Feed it a lot?? target feed or what?? how u target feed it? what u feed it?

Target feed the coral by using the "eye dropper" to dispense brisne shrimps (mixed with cyclopeeze) onto the polyp and the polyp with grab it. They will be very HAPPY :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

The picture is too "blue" and dimmed in photo (it is not so blue & dim in person)and I use PS to "brighten" it. ;)

The total lights for this tank are:

1 x 10kk 55w PL

1 x blue 55w PL

1 x 20kk 24w T5 (it's white)

1 x actinic 24w T5.

The 2xT5 is diy to replace 2 spoilt 55w PL and it is not bright enough and the T5 is biased towards blue. Should have diy 4xT5.

post-34-1090840369.jpg

I don't remember Mr and Mrs Linkinpark being colourful!!! Nice, I agree, but colourful? :lol:

Anyway... I must say the colours in this tank are outstanding, the pink tipped plate must be seen to be believed!! Beautiful and super long polyp extensions!!!