Plans for my New Reef

true...they are about the size of flameangel....really...you should see danano's cherub...super cute and very small sized :lol:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please lah....cherub's are small lah....they are pygmy angels...the one you saw must be an obese one lah....bet it escaped from Roidan's tank(couldnt stand being fed pui pui all the time)....

Joe....Catalina...catalina.....Catalina...cAtaLiNa................... ;)

• SRC Supporter
please lah....cherub's are small lah....they are pygmy angels...the one you saw must be an obese one lah....bet it escaped from Roidan's tank(couldnt stand being fed pui pui all the time)....

Joe....Catalina...catalina.....Catalina...cAtaLiNa................... ;)

Well, if I ever managed to obtain a oversized chiller that can keep my water temp at 22 C, maybe I will consider but as for now.... I give those a miss..

I think Sunburst will look good.... maybe a group of them ...

a pair of neon gobies would be nice too..

add some yashias for colouring and I think I gonna have a pretty interestin reef layout..

You can try a pair...Rumour had one, I got the other 3...we managed to get 2 pairs out of the 4.

So they do pair up nicely.....but avoid trying more than 2 unless your tank is HUGE.

My 2 neons seem to roam everywhere in my 4 footer....even my bold catalina is moving ard nowadays

• SRC Supporter
heard that a pair of neon gobiesneon gobies will FIGHT !! you can only keep 1 or > 2 ;)

Well, I heard that if they are a pair, then it would work.... or did I hear wrongly?

Any previews????

Are you going to stick any acro frags on the back wall of the tank as planned???

Yup, most probably would.. Trying to get as much space as possible to overload my reef with acros since its rather small... Have siliconed a black acrylic plate at the back of the reef as potiential frag playground if not enough estate is found...

Will try to get some pics up of my rockwork aquascaping.

• SRC Supporter

Very nice sis Flubb.

I would be interested in a pair of golden neon gobies.. so if you guys do spot them, pls notify me. ;)

And here's a pic of my 2 footer rock aquascaping.

Nothing much in there yet but stuff should be flooding it soon and that is when my beckett's plumbed in and CR's online.

Man... transferring the CR across with its full contents is a killer. :sick:

post-22-1087493189.jpg

• SRC Supporter
Joe

You not running DSB? Guessing from the pic. Also like you, I have a layer of matt finish black arcylic at the back as well as on the bottom of the tank. ;)

Yup.. No DSB.

Be a little more careful with my reef maintanence and nitrates should be kept in check.

That is of course with some help from proper equipment.

Wanted to head for a bare bottom reef too but due to a specific requirement for a fauna that I intend to obtain... had to go with some sand.

• SRC Supporter
Hi Joe!

any tank updates?? :lol::lol:

No pics at the moment.

My equipment are all in place. would be firing up my Beckett Skimmer and getting my CR online by Monday.

And in a matter of days.... all the cool stuff would be coming into their new home.

and pics will be made available ... ;)

For a sps reef tank that size...would be lovely to have

1) a few catalina gobies :lol:

2) a pair of neon gobies

3) Cherub pygmy angelfish or multi colour angefish...sweet colours and cute-faced

4) sunburst anthias..that should be very nice liaoz :D

nah resplenden angel is better...........

BUT................. it cost US$700 <_<<_<<_<

• SRC Supporter
You running single or double at the moment?

A double beckett for a 6 inch Chamber IMO, is overkill...

In fact, many of the Dual Becketts built for my customers eventually run on single becketts with a single MD 55 and perform satisfactory..

As for myself, will stick to a single beckett.. unless I build a skimmer with at least a 8 inch chamber...

The attached pic is of a Reef Maniac Dual Beckett 7 inch skimmer. Notice the foam consistency even though unit's only running on one beckett fired up by a MD 55.

post-22-1087900384.jpg

A double beckett for a 6 inch Chamber IMO, is overkill...

In fact, many of the Dual Becketts built for my customers eventually run on single becketts with a single MD 55 and perform satisfactory..

As for myself, will stick to a single beckett.. unless I build a skimmer with at least a 8 inch chamber...

The attached pic is of a Reef Maniac Dual Beckett 7 inch skimmer. Notice the foam consistency even though unit's only running on one beckett fired up by a MD 55.

Hmm this beckett seem familiar :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Joe...How far is th eupper region from the surface?? buidling it up a little??? or its already at optimum height liao?

going to run 6 X T5 as planned?