Maldives

clammy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

very nice shots... 900 over pics.. how many mb did u bring over??? :lol: think i should go there for honeymoon... :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

nleong,

I only twickle with the various modes, and never set the apertures, shutter settings manually. Not pro like others here.

Depending on situation and subject, mainly i only toggle between forced-flash/no-flash, normal/macro/manual focus, different white balance settings, different ISO speeds.

That said, i spent most of my efforts between changing video mode to capture action, or pic mode to frame subjects.

And of cos, concentrating on fish Karma by being close to them, and let them approach me instead of me chasing them, and my composition. Still a lot to learn, and have yet to fully explore wat my camera can do. But i really think i need strobes and conversion lens... :pinch:

• SRC Member

good choice for honeymoon!

brought a 512. a 256, and a 36 MB CF card. NOT ENUFF!!!! had to delete pics as i go!!

But haha, i am a trigger happy person.. so maybe others wont need so much lah.. :paiseh::paiseh::paiseh:

• SRC Member
good choice for honeymoon!

brought a 512. a 256, and a 36 MB CF card. NOT ENUFF!!!! had to delete pics as i go!!

:o:o:o so much!!!...

btw, how much in total did u pay for it? how many dives, how many days?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

well, a week's trip for 2, 12 dives each, about $7000.

yah.. its expensive.. got to eat grass le... but, wat the heck, its one of those places that must go at least once in a life time. :P

Heard of people going there for a week and spend less than $6k for two..

Guess the diving and activities that you do there make quite alot of difference in the amount one spends.

For me its like: spend so much money to go there le, cant possibly shrimp on dives lor... so spend alot..

Well, i would choose travelling/diving to owning nice house, drive nice car, nice furnishing anytime.. so, i guess how much one spends depends alot on one's priorities yah?! :angel:

Would definitely recommend Maldives to all divers. got all the right ingredients for a "sporty honeymoon" with the nice sun, sand, beach, sea, dives.

• SRC Member
well, a week's trip for 2, 12 dives each, about $7000.

:(:(:(:cry: how to afford... if i tell her that price, think she would rather go Japan.. <_<

• SRC Member

on second thought, think migrate there better... can dive everyday.. hahaha... how much is 1 dive and the air tik?

• SRC Member

Japan??!!

Hmm.. never can understand those shopping holidays or city visits. Tho i do wish to go japan when i have the spare cash.. Osaka aquarium!!!

Air tickets around $650 each via SQ. Dive will depend on dive operators. Dont faint hor, but my dives cost US$30 each, plus an additional charge of US$13 for each boat dive (which is practically all the dives). So, each time diving cost US$43 per person, X 2pax, = US$86 X 1.72 = alot of singapore money... :o:o

and i am using personal gear!!

If it is a DIVING trip, go for a liveaboard. For around 15dives, 7days holiday, one can expect around S$3000 or less, and can acess the better dive sites too! Other divers at nearby resorts saw whaleshark when i was in Maldives, but after like 3days consecutive sightings, then the dive center at the resort that i am staying at decide to go try our luck.. didnt get to see... :cry:

• SRC Member
Air tickets around $650 each via SQ. Dive will depend on dive operators. Dont faint hor, but my dives cost US$30 each, plus an additional charge of US$13 for each boat dive (which is practically all the dives). So, each time diving cost US$43 per person, X 2pax, = US$86 X 1.72 = alot of singapore money... :o:o

:ooh::shock: *faint*....

If it is a DIVING trip, go for a liveaboard. For around 15dives, 7days holiday, one can expect around S$3000 or less, and can acess the better dive sites too! Other divers at nearby resorts saw whaleshark when i was in Maldives, but after like 3days consecutive sightings, then the dive center at the resort that i am staying at decide to go try our luck.. didnt get to see... 

hahaha... guess it is not time yet... be patient.. :lol: i rem one of my trips, the grp decend and the leisure went port side while the OW went starboard side and when i return, they exclaimed that they saw whaleshark... and damned, it was their maiden dive!!!! <_<