Maldives

clammy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

<_< is the viz really that bad??? :o or was it caused by divers fins stirring up the silt???

i always thought that maldives have good viz...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Yah.. Maldives famous for its clarity. but that is during peak season. May is the low season as it is the period of changing monsoons. So the weather, current, etc, can be quite temperamental, thus affecting the viz. On top of that, its the starting of the manta season, and there's lots of plankton, marine snow etc on this side of the island. Viz is compromised, but we get a 99% garantee of manta sightings on some of the dive spots. And its cheaper during this time of the year too.

yahyah... i know.. ;P but cheap is a relative term... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Viz is compromised, but we get a 99% garantee of manta sightings on some of the dive spots. And its cheaper during this time of the year too.

yahyah... i know.. ;P but cheap is a relative term... :rolleyes:

$7000 and still consider cheap... :cry::o i wonder if during peak season, how much it is gonna cost me... when is the peak season? try not to go during that period then.. :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.