Back from Redang

kelstorm

• SRC Member

Sigh, the dives aint fantasic due to thermoclines hovering at 15M, thus limiting the dive depth and the viz.

Nevertheless, if u guys ever visit, u should dive at Sharon's Stone. It has one of the most macro stuff ever.

I saw 6 banded pipefishs, a big group of camel shrimps the size of my index fingers, boxer shrimps and a moray all nesting at the same spot.

Devil scorpionfish when i descend, a crocodilefish next to it, a pair of ghostshrimps and dragonets under the crevice (they have been there since my last trip). Lionfish the size of football, and a pipefish that looks like a sea whip. Lots of nudibranch and believe it or not, 1 harlinquin shrimp. That place is swarming with macro stuff.

Some of my friends dive at that place for 5 consecutive times and still cannot finish that place.

Max depth is 18M depending on the tide. Viz at that place is abt 7m and it does not help with thermocline coming in.. :(

As for photos, i did not bring cam down which i regretted deeply :( coz of the banded pipefish and sea whip look-alike pipefish.

Also, this next 2 weeks, it is so crowded and the number of snorkellers are like refugees :lol:

There is a another place where u can just snorkel and see abt 5-7 baby black tip sharks on the reef which is abt 1.5m deep.

For those who are expecting my pics, sorry mates, no bikini babes... fiancee was with me.. cant "fool" ard although my nick is horny diver.. hahaha..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

wow...

looks like Redang is a must go...

didnt u get to see the usual "boring" stuff like schools of trevally, barracuda, turtles, etc? :lol::lol::lol:

Any idea when is the time to visit redang with a chance to spot whale sharks?

Do try and post some pics.. no need babes etc, perhaps a nice pic of the resort and the beautiful beaches?

• SRC Member
wow...

looks like Redang is a must go...

didnt u get to see the usual "boring" stuff like schools of trevally, barracuda, turtles, etc? :lol::lol::lol:

Any idea when is the time to visit redang with a chance to spot whale sharks?

Do try and post some pics.. no need babes etc, perhaps a nice pic of the resort and the beautiful beaches?

If u go to Redang, u must visit Big Mount at ard 5-6pm.. At that time, it is a supermarket of fishes. In my last trip, i saw school of travelly and jacks swimming in a circles, turtles and marble rays, u are practically surrounded by fishes. Black tips and white tips are found there as well as lone barras

Whale sharks are known to frequent that place, Mak Chantik, Tanjung Tokong. Usually during migrating seasons.

The beaches are nice with powdery sand... the resorts are nice too.. especially Laguna Redang.. it has a balinese style.. but it is expensive. I believe that i did take some pics of it during my last trip but the pics did not come out nice.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.