Corals for Low Light

shoakoua

Yo bros,

Can anyone advises what will be the good corals for bottom placement, and require only little lighting?

I only know Sun coral is one of them...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...d=22&pCatId=517

What about those corals under Fungiidae becos they are usually for bottom placement I think. Does it mean low light requirement?

Beside the above, anymore? Thanks.

suncoral need low lighting ?? no wonder my suncoral sort of like reluctant to open up when i place it near my lighting ... and it only open up at night ... thought it is a strange coral with sleep disorder ...

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Christmas tree worms normally live in sps species like porites. You'll need strong light to keep the sps alive although the worms don't need the light directly. The health of the worms might be directly related to the health of the sps they live in.

Suncorals don't mind being in the light or in the shade. The only thing they need is proper waterflow and daily feeding (make sure every polyp gets to eat). Normally people put them in the shade to prevent algae from smothering the coral (esp if your tank is high in phosphates). Being corals that don't utilize sunlight, these corals have less defense against algae that might grow on them in brightly lit tanks. If you have no problem with algae growth, by all means put them under the light. :)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/