28 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite destination & why

• 1. Pulau Tioman
    • 2. Pulau Aur
    • 3. Pulau Dayang
    • 4. Pulau Sibu (Malaysia)
    • 5. Batam
    • 6. Bintan
    • 7. Liveaboards (please state which one?)
    • 8. I only go where my instructor brings me...
    • 9. Others (Please state where)

• SRC Member

As above! Did i miss any out?? :erm:

Other popular destinations like Redang is left out as its intended to be a weekend dive getaway poll. Or can anyone correct me on this one? (possible to do a weekend redang trip? how?) :thanks:

Thought we can start this thread so reefers can compare and perhaps find out the pros and cons of each destination: Safety, Costs, travelling time, non-divers, children friendly, good/bad service, logistics, customs.. etc etc..

Perhaps a good avenue to bitch about what type of service we want from operators/facilities?? :lol:

• SRC Member

:(:(:(

hmmm... not a very useful pol is it?? :paiseh::paiseh::paiseh:

well, i for one will love to dive more often MINUS the long custom queue at JB and Singapore customs while hauling all that dive gear....

Sometimes feel like doing back to back trips but the tot of going to the customs really put me off...

• SRC Member

I seems to like the dive site for the wrong reason.

Pulau Dayang - Food is great!

Pulau Tioman - Speed boat!

LOB

Berhala Wreck - Good boat, Good Food, Good Service and best dive site (Japanese Wreck, Snake Stone, Terumbu Dilarang)

Kuantan Wreck - Good boat, Good Food, Good Service

• SRC Member
Get the access card

can clear the custom faster

The guys with with the access card still have to wait for me (no access card B):lol: )

• SRC Member

haha, yah lor yah lor.. hard to arrange for everyone to get the access cards.. but then again, if all got access cards, maybe the Q there longer le? :lol:

Yazid, think diving is a adventure holiday and not restricted to diving issit?! So great food, great non-dive related goodies definitely have to play a big part in our selection.. ;)

CAre to share which charterer you use for your LOB?? sure sounds good!! :thanks:

• SRC Member
Does any1 knw there is a car wreck at tioman there???

BTW Does any1 dive the east side of tioman b4???

I saw that one. It think it is one of the dive site not far from Renggis Island.

There is a legend that say there are 12 wrecks outside the Marine Park. So far counted only 5 :( .

• SRC Member

I really love Live Aboard.

Been twice, one to Berhala Wreck and another to Kuantan Wreck.

The Dive Boat was just refurbish with individual aircon in each room. Entertainment system (DVDs included), food, food, food.

Boat crew service is fantastic. After every dive, they'll pass you a cold drinks even before you remove your gears.

You guys might want to join Orpheus on their next LOB.

Vincent Dive for Liveaboards!!

MV Vincent and MV White Manta has big comfortable boats, great food, a great Dive Team, a friendly, very experienced boss and the best part... fresh water melon to quench your thirst after climbing up the ladder!

AT

• SRC Member
fresh water melon to quench your thirst after climbing up the ladder!

Best if babes in bikini serves them :evil:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

Best if babes in bikini serves them :evil:

wait long long.. :lol: most of them are probably too tired.. they are aka divers... unless u hired bikini babes to serve u lor.. :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
white manta is out try MV Grace

Chamber on board some more.

And it is so d*mn big can roll from 1 end to the other in like 20 minutes

well.. if you're on the boat just to roll then. . . . hmmmz what were u doing rolling on the boat huh... ;):o:o

well honestly, if you're a tech diver then you'll be better off with MV Grace.. and no doubt that the boat is huge.. I'm not putting MV Grace down but she's too big to maneuver around shallower reefs.. i personally don't feel that it's good for recreational divers..

just me opinion.. :)