Snail spawning in my tank tonight!

Achilles Tang

I was working on my new tank and then I realised that my current tank water looked rather cloudy!

I rushed down the ladder I was on and peered at my firefish eating little specks floating in the water.

It didn't look like my usual CBS or cleaner shrimp fry, it just looked like... white little specks... duh?

Then I spotted it at the corner of my eye... a puff of smoke that disintegrated into little strings and specks...

Grabbing my digital camera... I captured the sequence below of my snail spawning!

Now my sun corals and my gorgonians have fully expanded their polyps and enjoying the feasts!

I am also noting a film on the surface of my tank water.... hmmm... i guess my protein skimmer's gonna have to work overtime!

Enjoy! :D

snailspawn1.jpg

snailspawn2.jpg

snailspawn3.jpg

snailspawn4.jpg

snailspawn5.jpg

snailspawn6.jpg

snailspawn7.jpg

snailspawn8.jpg

orangegorgofanopenpolyps.jpg

Yup such stuff r quite common in my tank too...always wondered wat it was....usually comes from somewhere within the rocks...

In btw....I've seen my coco worms sperming before....one will shoot its smoke of sperm...while another will juz release small light yellow eggs into the water....kinda interesting.....

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

• SRC Member

Snails usually spawn after a change to fresh seawater when water quality in the tank has dropped a bit.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif