Added a halfblack angel

Hi,

Recently added a half-black Angel into my tank. My damsels are bullying it, but what surprises me is my Yellow Tang is also bullying it. Checked the compatibility chart, tot Tangs and Angels are compatible? Can anyone expalin why? :thanks:

My Blue Tang ok wif it though...

Cheers,:D

Hi,

Recently added a half-black Angel into my tank. My damsels are bullying it, but what surprises me is my Yellow Tang is also bullying it. Checked the compatibility chart, tot Tangs and Angels are compatible? Can anyone expalin why? :thanks:

Your other LS have gotten pretty territorial in your tank and also the new angel maybe pretty much smaller than the LS already in your tank... :)

Juz my $0.02...

Vincent Ho :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Half back? Can you attach the pic?

Eventhough i'm not keeping YT, but i often read that actually YT is one of the most fiercing from all tangs family. Also i think your tank is not big enough, so the new angel can't find a hiding area.

I am not surprise that the YT is bullying your HalfBlack Angel... YT is one of the fiercer tang... I never liked them and will never but them..

Bro dun speak too soon... :)

So far my YT only did bully my PBT when I introduced it, but the rest of the angels, it left it alone... :)

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Hi,

put a mirror at the side of your tank to distract your YT.. works for me everytime :D

• SRC Member
Spear the damsels and net the yellow tang.  :rolleyes:

:lol:

That's a good one. :lol:

Wanted to convert my tank to Angels and Tang ONLY but as there are numerous Damsel in there thus I ...... will SPEAR :evil: them when I get home tonight.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member
Half back? Can you attach the pic?

Eventhough i'm not keeping YT, but i often read that actually YT is one of the most fiercing from all tangs family. Also i think your tank is not big enough, so the new angel can't find a hiding area.

Think this is the one that he is talking about.

Centropyge_vroliki.jpg

Thanx neokn, for the pic. Right, that's the half-black Angel I was talking about.

Anywayz, now they all seemed to be living in harmony, wif the YT back to minding it's own business. Even the damsels are not bullying the Angel anymore. Glad to see the angel nipping the rocks for algae, and it's beginning to eat the food I feed too...:)

Ohh :D that's what you call half back, thanks to neokn. The common name for that fish is Pearl Scaled Angelfish/Centropyge Vroliki, this fish is a close related with Eibl's Angelfish/C. Eible but Eibli is more beautiful compare to pearl scale.

• SRC Member
Ohh :D that's what you call half back, thanks to neokn. The common name for that fish is Pearl Scaled Angelfish/Centropyge Vroliki, this fish is a close related with Eibl's Angelfish/C. Eible but Eibli is more beautiful compare to pearl scale.

Yap! Definitely most pple will prefer the later as it has more colour on. But till today, the only place that I have seen them is @ Reborn and they are quite expensive.

Yap! Definitely most pple will prefer the later as it has more colour on. But till today, the only place that I have seen them is @ Reborn and they are quite expensive.

Izit? how much is it bro? Juz curious... :)

Vincent Ho

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Well, Uncle Soon say they are rare species in the market thus it's more expensive.

centropyge_eibli_eibli_angel28916.jpg

Wow Sing $32. Actually this fish is not a rare spp, and if you come to my country, with that price you will bring back about 15-16 Eibli Centropype. Here in indo, eibli along with half back is the most cheapest dwarf angel, cantropyge nox and keyhole angelfish is a little bit expensive and coral beauty and bicolor is the top price among local dwarf angel.

• SRC Member

Wow Sing $32. Actually this fish is not a rare spp, and if you come to my country, with that price you will bring back about 15-16 Eibli Centropype. Here in indo, eibli along with half back is the most cheapest dwarf angel, cantropyge nox and keyhole angelfish is a little bit expensive and coral beauty and bicolor is the top price among local dwarf angel.

Hi Asfur,

It seems like it is the opposite way in Singapore. Coral Beauty and bicolour is the cheapest and Eibli seems to the most expensive among all the Angels from Indo and Philippines.

Suggestion

Why not we export trade Angel fish?

Err... are you guys sure the Ebli is that expensive? Use to have a few myself but had trouble keeping them. Maybe my tank was not stable. Anyway used to buy them for $10 to $15. Size about 3". Not sure if they still have them but use to see a few of them at Sungei Tengah.

• SRC Member
Err... are you guys sure the Ebli is that expensive? Use to have a few myself but had trouble keeping them. Maybe my tank was not stable. Anyway used to buy them for $10 to $15. Size about 3". Not sure if they still have them but use to see a few of them at Sungei Tengah.

Can't really ans the price differents thingy. :blink:

But that is the price I was quoted by Uncle Soon.

*Note: I notice there are still quite a number left when I visit Reborn 2 days ago, most likely some ex-stock from the previous shipment. May be if ask Uncle Soon again he will give discount <_<