Know any local car forums

Tanzy

• SRC Member

I need the url address for local Nissan, Mazda, Subaru and Mitsubishi online forums, if they exist. I want to read up and find out the dirt concerning some cars before I purchase one.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Thanks for the links everyone! :thanks:

I stumbled on to the sgforums car section and it's a bizarre place! :erm:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

I did read most of the stuff on the local forums but it seems Singaporeans are quite reluctant to reveal their major car problems. Perhaps it the fear that it can affect resale. Most of the forums just talk about what's cool and what cool car they saw or just bitch about other drivers and how big their own 'apparatus' is.

The US forums are way more technical but some of the stuff are not relevant to us.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Actually, I'm back in Singapore at the moment and shopping for my ride, so hopefully when I'm permanently back it would be just right to collect the car.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member
Actually, u're right in a way. What u can do is ask abt other brand of car in another car brand forum. In this way, u'll know all the problem that are commonly found in the 1st car.

That's a brilliant idea but I don't know if what you get will be truth though. :rolleyes:

Test driven quite a lot of cars so far and now torn between a couple of choices. :(

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member
Com'on tell us ur shortlist. Let me guess...

1) Nissan Fairlaby

2) Toyota Celica

3) Honda Integra

4) Mitsubishi Evo 8

:D:upsidedown:

You got one choice correct. ;)

post-36-1093875548.jpg

What abt Subaru WRX, Madza RX8, Mini Cooper, BMW Z4?

:rolleyes:

in this list, i like the rx8...

practical reasons i will state first...

it is 1.3litres...meaning you pay less road tax....

and also better fuel consumption..you will be surprised that it's fuel economy can push 1litre for 15km and more....i read it recently :blink:

actually come to think of it, not surprising, for a little tap on the accelerator, you already get so much torque to pull you away from the rest, so no need to floor it much and burn more fuel...this is a very plus point. huge perfomance with less fuel burnt

0-100km/h 7.1sec

Max. Output 231ps @ 8200rpm

Max. Torque 211Nm @ 5500rpm

post-11-1087774755.jpg

• SRC Member

hmmm just to add on here.... my dad got the new Sunny 1.6 and it has really awful fuel comsumption! it's like full tank (1st tank) can go up to 300km only! then he was like pissed off... thought the fuel tank leaking also! :lol::lol:

then he's thinking of trading in this for a Camry 2.0l... does any1 here drive a camry2.0l ?? i read abt most of the stuff abt the car in the forums like bodyroll while truning and stuff but no really solid info abt the fuel comsumption... anyone? thanks... ;)

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

hmmm just to add on here.... my dad got the new Sunny 1.6 and it has really awful fuel comsumption! it's like full tank (1st tank) can go up to 300km only! then he was like pissed off... thought the fuel tank leaking also!  :lol:  :lol:

then he's thinking of trading in this for a Camry 2.0l... does any1 here drive a camry2.0l ?? i read abt most of the stuff abt the car in the forums like bodyroll while truning and stuff but no really solid info abt the fuel comsumption... anyone? thanks...  ;)

300km for one full tank? This is 4L engine??? Heng ah mine can go twice as well :P

You gonna go broke paying for the petrol and the cheaper selling price does not justify for this.

Won't you loose a lot by trading in the car since it's so new?

Roidan has a camry :P

hmmm just to add on here.... my dad got the new Sunny 1.6 and it has really awful fuel comsumption! it's like full tank (1st tank) can go up to 300km only! then he was like pissed off... thought the fuel tank leaking also!  :lol:  :lol:

then he's thinking of trading in this for a Camry 2.0l... does any1 here drive a camry2.0l ?? i read abt most of the stuff abt the car in the forums like bodyroll while truning and stuff but no really solid info abt the fuel comsumption... anyone? thanks...  ;)

my onboard display reads around 8.8litres/ 100km ..

may not be accurate though

on a full tank.....my max range is about 590plus - 600km shown on the display

of coz alot of city driving will increase the consumption and reduce the range

• SRC Member
hmmm just to add on here.... my dad got the new Sunny 1.6 and it has really awful fuel comsumption! it's like full tank (1st tank) can go up to 300km only! then he was like pissed off... thought the fuel tank leaking also! :lol::lol:

then he's thinking of trading in this for a Camry 2.0l... does any1 here drive a camry2.0l ?? i read abt most of the stuff abt the car in the forums like bodyroll while truning and stuff but no really solid info abt the fuel comsumption... anyone? thanks... ;)

Let the car run in and it should improve.

You should not use Sunny to compare with Camry on FC.

Juz my 2 cts.