Juv Regal Angel

• SRC Member

Anyone spot this anywhere? Size wanted is 1" or so. My wife loves it so much.

Try to buy it off Reborn but the kid managing the 2nd level refuses to sell. Pls let me know asap as our wedding anniversary is drawing near and I want to please her.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Anyone spot this anywhere? Size wanted is 1" or so. My wife loves it so much.

Try to buy it off Reborn but the kid managing the 2nd level refuses to sell. Pls let me know asap as our wedding anniversary is drawing near and I want to please her.

:lol::lol:

Very Good Husband ...... :D:D keep it up........

:idea::idea: Know that some the ML got this small Regal Angel. But it from Red Sea.......

• SRC Member
Go ###### REEF. Saw a lot last week!!!!

Ooooi.... Don't use ##### leh! I don't know where lah! Pls help me by dropping me a pm.

Thanks in Advance.

To Regal:

I try to be a good husband and good dad to all my pets. But there is only that much of time we have in a day thus sometimes I might slip my mind and forget something that is why I'm desperate to get the regal angel before this weekend.

Ooooi.... Don't use ##### leh! I don't know where lah! Pls help me by dropping me a pm.

Thanks in Advance.

To Regal:

I try to be a good husband and good dad to all my pets. But there is only that much of time we have in a day thus sometimes I might slip my mind and forget something that is why I'm desperate to get the regal angel before this weekend.

Wah... Regal... dat's a challenge man! :)

Good luck!

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

hi neokn... you could get regal angel in sealife which is at balestier and reborn.. but most of the specimen is grey belly... if you are looking at the yellow belly regal angel from madive it will be a long wait most of the lfs don't really bring them in unless u wanted the regal angel from red sea which marine life do bring in quite regularly. The shop is at hong leong garden. But if you are looking at only 1" size... i don't think you going to find it anywhere beside for that kind of size it is very difficult to keep in captivity as the fish are picky on the food they eat. Ideal size will be around 2" to 3" size and they need very good water quality if not... u will be wasting lots of yr money cos... if they are not feeding they will be gone in no time.... probably you have to train it to eat frozen food before letting it go into your main tank because once it goes in hiding... and doesnt eat.. it will die quickly especially so for juvenille. Hope this information is useful for you and if you could keep it well.. you will have lots of pleasure watching it... and it is a very beautiful fish. I know cause I have a regal from red sea for almost a year brought it around 2" size and now coming to 3½" inch size and still growing.... :D:D:D

ps.. regal angel can grow to quite a big size.....

• SRC Member
hi neokn... you could get regal angel in sealife which is at balestier and reborn.. but most of the specimen is grey belly... if you are looking at the yellow belly regal angel from madive it will be a long wait most of the lfs don't really bring them in  unless u wanted the regal angel from red sea which marine life do bring in quite regularly. The shop is at hong leong garden. But if you are looking at only 1" size... i don't think you going to find it anywhere beside for that kind of size it is very difficult to keep in captivity as the fish are picky on the food they eat. Ideal size will be around 2" to 3" size and they need very good water quality if not... u will be wasting lots of yr money cos... if they are not feeding they will be gone in no time.... probably you have to train it to eat frozen food before letting it go into your main tank because once it goes in hiding... and doesnt eat.. it will die quickly especially so for juvenille. Hope this information is useful for you and if you could keep it well.. you will have lots of pleasure watching it... and it is a very beautiful fish.  I know cause I have a regal from red sea for almost a year brought it around 2" size and now coming to 3½" inch size and still growing.... :D   :D  :D

ps.. regal angel can grow to quite a big size.....

Thanks for the useful information.

How to you tell if the are yellow or grey belly? By the way, does your Regal angel have a spot on the dosal fin when you first bought it?

pw67571regal_angel.jpg

SAN33.jpg

• SRC Member

hi.. neokn...the pic you put up.. the 1st fish has a yellow belly while the lower pic is greyish .... the upper pic is more expensive but the most expensive specimen comes from red sea... because the body has more orange compare to those from madives... and yes... my regal has the spot on the dosal fin and till date it is still around but showing sign of disappearing... the second pic which you put up ... it is still a juv.. as you can still see the spot on the dosal fins....once it grown to adulthood the spot will disappear and I think you could tell the difference of the colour of the fish between the 2 pics.... and hence the price varies accordingly too... hope that helps.... take care

• SRC Member
hi.. neokn...the pic you put up.. the 1st fish has a yellow belly while the lower pic is greyish .... the upper pic is more expensive but the most expensive specimen comes from red sea... because the body has more orange compare to those from madives... and yes... my regal has the spot on the dosal fin and till date it is still around but showing sign of disappearing... the second pic which you put up ... it is still a juv.. as you can still see the spot on the dosal fins....once it grown to adulthood the spot will disappear and I think you could tell the difference of the colour of the fish between the 2 pics.... and hence the price varies accordingly too... hope that helps.... take care

Thanks.

Will pay attention to the colour thing. So how did you train your regal to eat BS or pellets?

Hi Neokn,

I just bought a 7" yellow belly regal angel for $26 and that place still has quite a number of regal angel.

PM me if you are still interested. I will tell you where is that place.

• SRC Member
Hi Neokn,

I just bought a 7" yellow belly regal angel for $26 and that place still has quite a number of regal angel.

PM me if you are still interested. I will tell you where is that place.

Check pm

same price also in pasir ris??? Which shop ah??

6ft x 2ft x 3ft

Suggestions so far.

1. Remove coral chips and ceramic rings and replace with live rocks. removed...looking for live rocks now

2. get rid of most of the filter cloth

3. First Buy!!! Skimz FR with Sorb4 and eheim pump

4. Re-doing the sump.....I~aquatic doing up the plans.

5. Lighting MH+T5 or T5 only? how many?

6. Chiller?

7. Wave maker

8. check valve on the return line to prevent sump overflow (great idea)

9. Refugium? Anything to replace it? a FR of some sort maybe?

Tank Inhabitants

1x Blue Tang

1x picasso trigger

2x Brown Tang

1x pygmy angel

2x Stripped Damselfish

3x False Percula Clownfish

• SRC Member

hi neokn... well what i will do i will keep it in a separate tank to quarantine it 1st and if u do not have a quarantine tank then you can place them in a separate container big enough for the fish to swim around... and let it settle down for a day... normally they will not start eating due to the stress unless it has already been train to eat frozen food from LFS.. and so far i have success feeding it brine shrimp... if u want to tempt it to eat what you could do is buy live brineshrimp which cost about $3 per packet and it could last you for 3 days.. and tempt it with the live brineshrimp it should start eating on the 2nd or 3rd day if your water quality is good... then slowly change to frozen brineshrimp.... remember to make sure it is eating well for mininium of 1 full day before letting it go because there will be fights between your existing fish and the new regal and only release it when the lights are out.... this will minimise the stress for the fish....

Thanks for all the kind help.

I had found a 3" Regal Angel @ Balestier Road.

To hmkui:

I will follow your advise. But what if it still refuse to eat on the 2nd day?

den u gotta wait and keep your fingers crossed, try again on the 3rd day, or 4th day, or 5th day..... :lol:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg