Evansi..

• SRC Member

Hey guys, have any of you gotten your Evansi to eat yet?

I'm amazed mine's still alive, cos I was forced to do major rockscape the day i added him. He's rather shy though, only pops his head out when i feed, but he doesnt eat yet.

Any other options other than Zooplankton?

Thanx :)

Hey guys, have any of you gotten your Evansi to eat yet?

I'm amazed mine's still alive, cos I was forced to do major rockscape the day i added him. He's rather shy though, only pops his head out when i feed, but he doesnt eat yet.

Any other options other than Zooplankton?

Thanx :)

I doubt live BBS would work..... zoo is still the best

There goes more cost of xxxphos, more powerful skimmer :P

I trying zoo and cyclop but it doesn't eat, it does comes out to swim. I think got chance lar.

All these means more excuse for your wife at home to kik your backside :lol::lol::lol::lol: luckily me no lao puo.. but my mum will hack me alive :lol::lol:

• SRC Member
I actually bought 2. One kanna pop eye and marti two days later. When I found it, the head already gone.

The other now still swimming around.

Hope they survive! Not many pple in Spore with Evansi, rather so far havent heard of anyone with it... maybe can be the first to school Evansi! :)

Dunno lahz, the Evansi also not say chio until lao nua... not willing to risk another hair algae outbreak for its sake... :fear:

Eh probably you got the juv one.... my ex anthias an adult evansi was feeding very well on zoo.... sold all my anthias as cannot cope with feeding no $$$

• SRC Member

Hope they survive! Not many pple in Spore with Evansi, rather so far havent heard of anyone with it... maybe can be the first to school Evansi! :)

Some have Evansi in the tank for many, many months.

I seen the evansi in Odeon Katong, Marine Pet.

That is when I decided to get Evansi.

Brought 3 last week but 1 mati already.

rdgs

• SRC Member
Dunno lahz, the Evansi also not say chio until lao nua... not willing to risk another hair algae outbreak for its sake... :fear:

err...want to try feed it in my tank....I flood my tank 3 times a day with frozen brimeshrimp/cycloypee, and 5 times a day with a little pellets! :rolleyes:

but when u cannot catch it out of my tank without topple any corals...it's MY! :yeah:

btw, my tunze is called power head and price is $20! :fear:

• SRC Member
CycloyPEE? :lol:

Cant catch it out of my tank also... very smart at hiding, cant even catch sight of it unless it allows me to view it... <_<

What skimmer you use?! Allow you too Flood your tank like that?

err...bec I just dun care abt the qater quality lar... :P

I tho LPS got more food better mah....so far all the parameters are ok.....but I seriously dunno what is a good indicator of 'water quality'...OPR reading? I dun have it yet. <_<

• SRC Member

nutx system can lah... he runs a damn power skimmer. :P

yes think LPS thrive under nutrient laden waters as that is where they obtain a substantial amount of their nutrition from.

Live and Let Live

Brought 3 last week but 1 mati already.

You must have bought them from EAN. I was the guy that bought the powder brown and then getting the DA (not that reefer but the fish) as well as the evansi.

Keeping my fingers cross for them to eat, try the wild zoo etc. All my other anthias eating already except this Evansi...

Currently I have a school of 8 evansi in my tank. They are with me for at least 5month. I feed them chopped frozen shrimps and live bbs.

They have a preference for small particulate food.

1 of them even take whole frozen mysis.

They are not skinny but then I wish they are as fat as my dispar.

IMO they are more picky than the 2 purple queen I have.

It will be best if you can feed them constantly