weileong's 4ft tank - Part II

weileong

Another AT shot.

Hi weileong or anyone , can u pls explain to me why is it that AT will lose its teardrop ? and under wat circumstances? :unsure: in the event it loses its teardrop , will it regenerate in time to come? and no , i am not keeping AT cos my tank only 2.5Ft... he he but always wanted to clear tis doubt of mine. :thanks:

Hi weileong or anyone , can u pls explain to me why is it that AT will lose its teardrop ? and under wat circumstances? :unsure: in the event it loses its teardrop , will it regenerate in time to come? and no , i am not keeping AT cos my tank only 2.5Ft... he he but always wanted to clear tis doubt of mine. :thanks:

For the exact cause I am not sure but what I noticed is that after a ich attack, the tear drop get disfigured leaving black dots on it.

The other time my AT's tear drop gets disfigured and it's almost gone, I was ready to write off this AT. Luckily some good care and getting it to start feeding on pellets, it regain back it's teardrop.

This is photo as of 18th Jul 04, see the terrible condition?

Teardrop erroded along the lateral line, this I suspect caused by using Carbon in FR.

post-34-1097063235.jpg

This one 6th Oct 04. Big difference between the you and looks like a totally different fish right?

post-34-1097056163.jpg

If you suddenly put in a lot of GAC and if worst used in FR then the water will turn clear too quickly and this will have negative effects on your SPS. I think LPS and softies would be fine.

Should be no problem adding full dose in a mesh bag and put it in the sump. Then knead the mesh bag every couple of days. Change the carbon once a month.

Teardrop erroded along the lateral line, this I suspect caused by using Carbon in FR.

First time I heard of this theory. Carbon affecting the colouration of fish?

What's the logical explanation for this? :huh:

My AT tear drop started to get disfigured starting alone the lateral line shortly after I started using GAC in FR.

After I stopped using GAC in FR, my AT's teardrop started to slowly recover.

Not sure if coincident or is it caused by the GAC, the FR could be causing the GAC to be grind into power and this could have cause the problem.

You might have noticed that the overall color of my AT also gets darker.

BTW my flow for in the FR is just high enuff that the GAC gets suspended.

Here's some progress of the tear drop which I had posted earlier.

post-34-1097065752.jpg