How popular is the hobby in SG?

• SRC Member

I have only been active here since maybe beginning of the year when my plans were more set.  But yes it tends to be quieter here.  I think overseas there are more participants due to the global nature of the forum.  But not to say you wont find helpful members here.

• SRC Member

Singapore is awesome. There is a thriving community with ample stock of both corals and fishes. In UK you may be lucky to have a single shop within 50kms of you. Also Singapore has a great second hand market, so always good deals to be had if you are patient.

If its engagement regarding queries and questions, and how-to's then there are enough great reefer here ready to share. I have learnt a lot from many on this forum. Plus you have other worldly resources such as youtube, reef2reef and BRSTV hahaha. In the UK and USA yes there is a lot more engagement on forums but honestly half of the advice given is really bad. At least here we try to be encouraging and not troll people.

Singapore is a great place to have a reef tank. There are some great shops, and help will always be given to those that need it (I think that is a Harry Potter quote hahaha). Good luck with your reefing journey you have picked a great place to start a tank!!