reptiles

• SRC Member

lookin' at the first few topics, it seems that some guys in SRC might b interested to keep (or in fact keepin' rather 'interesting' pets...).

for those who might b interested, I do haf a lobang on Red Knee Tarantula (Brachypelma smithi). It's around 7-10cm in diameter but it can grow to up to 15-20cm. You can read up on 'em here So, PM me for more info. ;)

• SRC Supporter
anybody experience in taking care of macaws?

had parrots as pets in the past..

finally gave them up,cage them together and they fight...

if not they make tons of noises.. cant take it!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

go search for tailess whip scorpions... it's very rare... my brother is one of the few ppl in the world who is specialized in them. he did research on them for few years.

the local tarantulas were caught when he was looking for the tailess whip scorpions/

Live and Let Live

hm.... those snakes in the picture r all venomous... beginners pls do not keep those...

WARNING!!! :nuke:

You can get bitten repeatedly by the cat-eye snake and it won't kill you..unless you have super allergic reactions to venom. As for the hognose snake..I don't think it's venomous. Don't make all snakes sound so scary leh.. :P

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

You can get bitten repeatedly by the cat-eye snake and it won't kill you..unless you have super allergic reactions to venom. As for the hognose snake..I don't think it's venomous. Don't make all snakes sound so scary leh.. :P

Cat-eyed snake and hog-nosed snake are back fang... I think... so they are mildly venomous... not enough to kill unless u are sensitive to some of its toxins...

Talking about zoo.... sigh... so much memories..... :(:(:(

The new management and team are so sensitive about us ex-staff and those who were retrenched in coming to visit the zoo.... even if we pay our own tickets and come on our own as visitors! I heard from my ex-colleague when he visited there with his wife, they were stopped and were questioned why they are in the zoo compound....

Cat-eyed snake and hog-nosed snake are back fang... I think... so they are mildly venomous... not enough to kill unless u are sensitive to some of its toxins...

Talking about zoo.... sigh... so much memories..... :(:(:(

The new management and team are so sensitive about us ex-staff and those who were retrenched in coming to visit the zoo.... even if we pay our own tickets and come on our own as visitors! I heard from my ex-colleague when he visited there with his wife, they were stopped and were questioned why they are in the zoo compound....

..........wow...maybe the new management felt that they offended alot of people by the retrenchment? :unsure:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

..........wow...maybe the new management felt that they offended alot of people by the retrenchment? :unsure:

YES THEY DID!!! :angry:

and I dun care if they can see this.... if the new Management got balls to do what they did, then they should be brave enough to face the truth and consequences...

I hate it when they try very hard to cover the truth. I hate it when the truth was distorted by the media becoz so&so got connection with so&so in the press...

I can only blame my mum for not letting me work in MacDonald's when I was in my Secondary school days. I didn't know that was counted as MNC experience..

I was not retrenched but was hinted to leave cause the new chairman says we all dun have MNC experience and replace them with mostly MacDonald staff...

Wow... frying patties... now that's MNC experience for you...

Makes me wonder if the cleaner auntie or security chap who works for a big MNC corporation can put down in her resume that she has MNC experience...

• SRC Member

These new staff were hired DURING the retrenchment.... we were told that the purpose of the retrenchment was to downsize and save the zoo.... some of the post alone was replaced by two persons...

Best part of all was that instructions were handed down during the retrenchment not to reveal to any of the outgoing staff that the new staff were previously from Macdonald.... but as the chinese proverbs goes "paper cannot wrap fire"....

We did not say anything but it is silly to see these new staff going around on their first day greeting each other like "old friends"..... they are so stoopid.... geez....

There's so much write up about Robert Kwan being a great entrepreneur and businessman.... After seeing him, I really think otherwise..... he is so clouded by his right-hand people that sometimes, I wonder if he really sees the truth and know what actually happens...