Tropic marin nitribiotic

manueljoseph

Hi guys, was wondering if any of you have used tropic marin nitribiotic to cycle your tanks? I got it in a package deal I bought with the tank. But instead of using it i bought another bottled bacteria fritzzyme 9 and used it instead of the tropic marin. But after day 2 my ammonia levels are still high at 8ppm. Is there something wrong with the frtizzyme 9? Should i add in another dose of tropic marin? I bought the fritzzyme 9 because i heard it can cycle the tank fast https://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2021_09/

Sent from
Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

Bro - as per your other thread, you need to be patient. I used Tropic Marin for cycling and it worked fine.

Your Ammonia is too high - you are supposed to just raise it to 2ppm, not 8ppm. What you can do is to do a water change but the whole cycling takes up to a month.

Be patient :) 

• SRC Member

I would suggest not to perform any water change and allow your beneficial bacteria to colonize.

the ammonia should go down after a few days and it should be zero on the 10-14 day mark.

no harm adding more BB but it will be a waste of $ , just follow the dosing instructions and let it ride through the water cycling period. 

Edited by saltyman