My Diy De Mh

dr evil

• Sponsor

hi guys,

i manage to finish DIYing my 2 x 150watt DE MH. The tough part was finding a suitable FL casing to mount the MH. If not for a reefer (u know who u are :) ) who sold me the casing, i would had abort this idea.

Till now, still trying to hunt for the casing........... <_< . Just wanna know where to purchase it.

All the parts are in aluminium so that it will not be so hot. I had made a stand for it to sit on the tank.....replica of azoo or weipro (but dont look as good) :P . But after finishing, the outlook is still pleasant to the eye......... :lol:

holes are drilled on the side casing for ventilations as it is hot during operations. the MH gear is placed external so that the lights that is resting on the tank will be lighter and will not add additional heat.

total DIY cost not including the bulbs is @ $280-300. Not to mention the cost of running around to get the parts.

post-9-1061359964.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sponsor

hoppinghippo,

The UV glass comes with the MH light set. As for DE MH, please get those that comes with the UV glass. U will save on the headache later.

clowntrigger

As for the MH set, u can get the item at SLT, kelantan lane etc. but u need to do the wiring urself.

As for the casing, u need hunt for it urself................ :) but it will be hard.

Razo,

DE bulbs comes in alot of brands......it ranges from $50-$150. Depending on your requirement.

But for me, im thinking of buying the BLV 10k bulbs. Was told that PR is selling $110 ea.

Fireclown,

To DIY DE or SE, it depends on ur liking and ur tank setup. SE are easier to DIY and do not need UV glass protection..

• Sponsor
Hey thanks. But in long term wise, will there be any difference? Could you PM me the details on where to get the stuff like ballast, bulbs and so on. Thanks in advance.

Hi Fireclown,

I dont get what u mean?

"long term wise, will there be any difference?"

as where to get the set, i had ready mention it........... :)

good luck............ :rolleyes:

• Sponsor
Hi Bro,

well done. It looks really good. If I knew it could look this good, I probably would have DIY my own lights too. hahhaa Great Work!

Hi CM,

Thanks for the compliments................. :) i ever thought of getting those ready made ones but when thinking of the cost...... :o , makes me think twice...

futher more, the MH set is made from italy.......he he he :D .

Sad thing is, all my equipment are ready except for my tank..... <_<