Maximum number of tangs?

• SRC Member

But your tank is sooooo big and tall, how the hell did the yellow and brown tang manage to do that? They play tag team?

I remember 3 of my damsel will do that with the new intro, so I remove the leader of the 3 and they calm down more. But now my unicorn team up with my blue velvet, its even worse as my unicorn will virtually bite off the fin of the new intro so much so that the new into hide itself on the sight of my unicorn.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah...they seem to team up against my purple tang. Funny enough, my brown tang was the last to be added. Initially was ok with just the purple and the yellow tang. Now seems like the 100m dash everytime i see them. I also tot my tank shud be no problem. How leh? fish the bullies out?

6ft x 2ft x 3ft

Suggestions so far.

1. Remove coral chips and ceramic rings and replace with live rocks. removed...looking for live rocks now

2. get rid of most of the filter cloth

3. First Buy!!! Skimz FR with Sorb4 and eheim pump

4. Re-doing the sump.....I~aquatic doing up the plans.

5. Lighting MH+T5 or T5 only? how many?

6. Chiller?

7. Wave maker

8. check valve on the return line to prevent sump overflow (great idea)

9. Refugium? Anything to replace it? a FR of some sort maybe?

Tank Inhabitants

1x Blue Tang

1x picasso trigger

2x Brown Tang

1x pygmy angel

2x Stripped Damselfish

3x False Percula Clownfish

• SRC Member

Have to check with those whom have yellow and purple tang in one tank hobbyist as I only have one tang so far (Orange shoulder still in quarantine). But I do see yellow tang going after purple tang in some reefers tank though.

1 suggestion. encage one of the bullies for 1 or 2 days and it will know how to behave. This is what I do to my lemon damselfish, I encage it for 3 days without fopd and the fella strunk, When I release it again it don't dare to chase other LS.

Good luck to you.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

yeah i was thinking of either quarantining the bullies or rearranging the live rocks for more hiding spots.

I wonder if the bullies will get stressed out?

6ft x 2ft x 3ft

Suggestions so far.

1. Remove coral chips and ceramic rings and replace with live rocks. removed...looking for live rocks now

2. get rid of most of the filter cloth

3. First Buy!!! Skimz FR with Sorb4 and eheim pump

4. Re-doing the sump.....I~aquatic doing up the plans.

5. Lighting MH+T5 or T5 only? how many?

6. Chiller?

7. Wave maker

8. check valve on the return line to prevent sump overflow (great idea)

9. Refugium? Anything to replace it? a FR of some sort maybe?

Tank Inhabitants

1x Blue Tang

1x picasso trigger

2x Brown Tang

1x pygmy angel

2x Stripped Damselfish

3x False Percula Clownfish

juz added a macro brand skimmer with a dymax 2500L powerhead to my tank last nite. its so much better than the sander 1 i had lst time. btw i listed 1 of the fish in my tank wrongly, its not a tomini tang its a bahintaus(ocean) tang. btw u guys knoe any place that sells dead rocks cheaply??

• SRC Member

Bro, I have a 6ft tank and already think that I am pushing it with 4-5 tangs in terms of bioload and space for the tangs to swim freely. I would highly suggest that you dunt add any more as they tend to get territorial once they get used to the tank.

• SRC Member

Well so far so good. 3 of them have been in there since the tank started. The rest was added once in awhile With the latest addition more than 2 weeks liao. B)

I do keep track of my water condition and so far so good. NO2 is zero, NO3 is 2.5 - 5ppm. I do week - bi weekly water change. :(