How to get paired clown fish?

• SRC Member

CF = Coral Farm at lim chu kang (LCK) yes they have very nice true percs, some black ones

which is called black onyx.

Sometimes sealife has it, today found some at pacific marine at pasir ris

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Clown fish can change ######... It's possible to pair them by buying one small one and one bigger one of the same kind. The larger one will become a female and the smaller one a male.

have not tried it yet myself, but read some article and threads about it and seems to work fine!

• SRC Member
Clown fish can change ######... It's possible to pair them by buying one small one and one bigger one of the same kind. The larger one will become a female and the smaller one a male.

have not tried it yet myself, but read some article and threads about it and seems to work fine!

Yes, I have seem most of the shop display two clown fishes with one big and one small.

Sorry guys, but kindly explain further on pairing clownfishes..does it mean that as long as i have 2 clown fishes, one big and one small, they will change their sexes accordingly and mate? Even if there are other fishes within the tank?

Thanks.... :)

• SRC Member
Sorry guys, but kindly explain further on pairing clownfishes..does it mean that as long as i have 2 clown fishes, one big and one small, they will change their sexes accordingly and mate? Even if there are other fishes within the tank?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Something hormonal... it takes up to a few weeks if I remember well.

• SRC Member

Clowns esp. true percs and black onyxes are beautiful - really love em !

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread