Is 3,0 Consider High For Ammonia Level?

• SRC Member

It doesn't matter. It should be undetectable. Just wait for the tank to be completely cycled.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

You mean the seachem ammonia alert? Don't think you should rely too much on that. IMO, safer to stick to the testkits.

Personally got one, it showed safe on its colour zone. But the ammount of ammonia which my testkit detected was already unsafe(compared it with the water quality booklet which comes with the interpet testkit).

• SRC Member

just hv patience n keep filter going until u get zero for both ammonia n nitrite b4 u consider putting livestks in... will be worth the wait...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

May not be the fault of the Ammonia Alert. Sometimes there might not be any Ammonia/ Nitrite spike during the cycling process. This was the case when i started out too.

But test kits are still more accurate. The Ammonia Alert should act only as a precaution for very extreme ammonia levels.

Hi, i just started on marine aquria. and this is the second week. i did some ammonia test last week and it was 0,2... now i did another test. it's reveal 3,0. it is normal???

can check which brand testkit u use

reason

on tetra (range 0-5), the reading is 3 (3rd day with LR)

whereas on hagen (hope to cut cost :blink: ), range 0-6.1, reading is 0.3

big different

more likely the tetra is correct base on

1) branded

2) have report 0 before adding of LR

3) when testing on FW, hagen showing funny color (browish) but tetra still reporting 0

any advise/comment, which 1 is true?