A Newbie Tank

Air

started this new hobbie just b4 nemo came out. let advise on my this new tank ^^

its abt 13gallon with 7100k n 50/50 light.

*Picture resized - Tanzy*

post-6-1061390150.jpg

Edited by Tanzy

believe less then 50% of wat ppl tell u n bring it up tp 99% by confirming it urself

• SRC Member

Keep your pictures below 700 pixels in width to facilitate viewing of the thread by other users.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

bro ... ever tot of upgrading your tank ...

OF COURSE MAN!!!!! :evil:

but thinking all my lights n stand will be wasted...n financial constrain....... :pinch:

post-6-1061391845.jpg

believe less then 50% of wat ppl tell u n bring it up tp 99% by confirming it urself

• SRC Member
started this new hobbie just b4 nemo came out. let advise on my this new tank ^^

its abt 13gallon with 7100k n 50/50 light.

*Picture resized - Tanzy*

Air,

First of all, the orange sponge should not be on top, as generally sponges prefer less lightings. Maybe you can try swopping the orange sponge and buttons around. Your sea fan is not getting enough current from what I see... other than those that I have mentioned, the rest should be alright. Nice structure done!! :)

owder Blue,Aug 20 2003, 11:19 PM] Maybe you can try swopping the orange sponge and buttons around

erm...which is the button.....thx in advance ^^

seems like white spot had been intro to my tank. wat harm does the white spot do, can it kill? Is there anyway to get rid of it without taking them out? a butterfly n yellow boxfish got it n my 2 cleaner shrimp is slacking......

• SRC Member

WHa your tank finally kana white spot huh? ......Pple keep saying need to go buy a bottle of garlic and soak the food in it..... but that garlic is exp~~~~

One idea... get ride of your boxfish hehe.... or next time dun get those fish that is prompt to get white spot...... ^ ^

• SRC Member

when ur yellow boxfish is stressed or dead. it will release toxins into the water that will kill off everyother fish relatively quickly. this is why boxfish are not recommended for the reef aquarium. they will also nibble on tubeworms . shld also be kept in a min 125 gallon tank.

ur butterfly.. what species of butterfly is it? Its going to eat your corals and probably ur cleaner shrimp when it gets bigger.

They are not abnormally prone to white spot. its juz inevitable .

i think my butterfly is the threadfin. i know the box disadvantages but i tot its so small( 1cm)........and sooo cute

i assume that its not going to die soon as its eating n not provoked by others damsel in the tank.Advise pls

post-6-1061436238.jpg