How To Clean Skimmate From Weipro?

hoppinghippos

• SRC Member
Hi Weipro's collection cup is not removable so just how do you empty the cup of skimmate in the most effecient manner? else must remove all the chapalang tubes and stuff to overturn the whole skimmer? Anyone using weipro can share his secret?

Bro, I believe the cup can be detached from the main chamber. I am using 2013 and the cup is abit tight and you may have to use some strength to remove it. Give it a try :phone: BTW, how is the skimmate on your skimmer?

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

i'm using 2011 and 2012 in diff tank...... skimmate is like kopi-o. I think you can't remove the collection cup maybe due to the O-ring is too dry... once you remove it ... perhaps it will be good to just apply some vaseline on the O-ring for your future ease to remove it.....

oh the skimmate will decrease when the internal cylinder have a layer of whatever waste attached to it.....once i remove it and the efficiency went up and good again

aquatronica7na.gif

• SRC Member
really ar?? I pull and twist and turn and damn scared I"ll break it leh but still cannot come off, ok will try again. me still setting up my tank lah, gonna add live rock soon! how's your tank coming along? and thanx for your reply!!

Hee I did all the tweaking before setting up the skimmer as I was thinking of the same problem too. I even ask the auntie to show me how to do it so I had expert advice :lol: Now the tank is bare except for some snails. No livestock as yet and could feel the first outbreak of algae.. some brownish substance on the sand bed <_< Waiting to see your tank :D

• SRC Member
i'm using 2011 and 2012 in diff tank...... skimmate is like kopi-o. I think you can't remove the collection cup maybe due to the O-ring is too dry... once you remove it ... perhaps it will be good to just apply some vaseline on the O-ring for your future ease to remove it.....

oh the skimmate will decrease when the internal cylinder have a layer of whatever waste attached to it.....once i remove it and the efficiency went up and good again

Sorry hoppinghippos, can I borrow your thread? :) I take your silence to be consent :P My skimmate is wet and "tiger beer" like... Could it be that there is no LS in my tank yet and that my water level is set too high? How high do you set your water level to be?