goniopora not opening?

bonjour2

Hi all , bought a blue Goniopora 2 days ago and placed it at the substrate, but till now the polyps extend little or none. :(

What is the possible cause?Do u guyzs experience the same problem also with yr goniopora?

Settings and Water Parameters:

Temp:26 degree celsius

NH3 , NO2 : 0PPM

NO3 : 25PPM

CA:400PPM

HARDNESS:8DKH

MG: 1200PPM

PH:8.1-8.3

PO4 : <0.20ppm

Please advise.Thanks.

• SRC Member

Give it some time to acclimatise. Eventually it will open. Give it moderate flow and good lights. Your water parameters look ok though I suggest you add some phosphate remover to bring down your phosphate. 0.2 is a bit high.

However got to remind you that goniopora is not an easy coral in captivity, they life span in a tank is not encouraging. If you like corals of this nature suggest you try alveopora, which looks very similar to goniopora but has 12 tentacles at the end of the polyp. Goniopora has 24.

Thanks for yr reply, the Goniopora I bought when opened in my tank looks exactly as the one in the pic , exactly the same length of polyps extension and the same colour blue.

Someone told me that there are many species of Goniopora and perhaps this species open this way? :nc:

post-7-1091367391.jpg