Max tempreture sps can take??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I use the fox controller and thats it! It comes with its temperature probe which I leave in the main tank, it is wired inbetween the power supply and the MH. WHen the temp of the main tank rises beyond your preset temp, it will cut the power supply to my MH. ITs really very simple!

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member
Sorry bro, but what is a fox controller? I DIY zero lah. Can show photo? Or best can tell where to get? ;)

:thanks:

i agreed with him..

need more info on fox controller..

like where to get it.

how to install it

and what other safety measures...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

the FOX controller can be found at sim lim tower. exactly which unit, i hv forgotten liaoz. gotta ask cedric. Scarab, u hv seen the controller b4. coz i used it to overwrite my previous chiller unit. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Er . . . You do not necessary need a "FOX" temperature controller. Any temperature controller will do. There are several models to choose from in Sim Lim Tower. The wiring diagram is also provided. It looks just like the temperature controller found in all our chillers. Only thing to add is you need to tell them its for "heater" function instead of "chiller" function :)

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member
the FOX controller can be found at sim lim tower. exactly which unit, i hv forgotten liaoz. gotta ask cedric. Scarab, u hv seen the controller b4. coz i used it to overwrite my previous chiller unit. ;)

Wah chiak lat, see before also don't know how it look like. :lol:

Better leave DIY to someone else. If I buy and install later explode. :D

u old man liaoz la...... failing memory...... :D approach Cedric for installation advice. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

me...too..

wait i install it also explode...

btw...how much it cost...

need to get it soon

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

Cost range from $65-$150+++. I'm using the AC to AC version capable of handling up to 3Amp. Heater or Cooler function, full delta control, plastic coated probe and 3 digit LED display. FOX is a made in Korea brand. Working very well for me so far.

This is the blur pic I can dig out so far.

post-22-1092414483.jpg

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member
Cedric, where did you get the safeguard pls? Can share with us so that we can get the safety pls? thanks! :)

Alfa

Guess the IKS can use the temp sensor to switch off the MH if the temp exceeds a certain set point.

• SRC Member
Cost range from $65-$150+++. I'm using the AC to AC version capable of handling up to 3Amp. Heater or Cooler function, full delta control, plastic coated probe and 3 digit LED display. FOX is a made in Korea brand. Working very well for me so far.

This is the blur pic I can dig out so far.

but roughly how much is yours...?

i just want to get one that can switch off my MH when the temp goes beyond 29 ..

does this gadget comes with a timer function too???

• SRC Member

The usual price of the temperature is around $90+/-. I got mine at a discount of $65 because I bought in bulk (About 15 controllers). :)

The wiring is very simple, however, the only timer fuction is the start delay. Meaning to say, if I set the time delay to 15mins and the temp flucuates frequently, the controller will ony allow the MH to restart after 15mins when the temp has dropped beyond your preset level. :)

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member

alfa,

Actually can link an IKS socket bar to another iks socket. Then set that socket to "Heat" if temp below 30 deg. If temp goes above 30deg, switch off "Heater" which is the socket bar controlling the MH lighting.

FYI, The on/off socket bar can take up to max of 3000watt in a single socket or 4 x 750watt max depending on how the power are distributed. Bottom line is each socket bar can withstand 3000watt.

• SRC Member
The usual price of the temperature is around $90+/-. I got mine at a discount of $65 because I bought in bulk (About 15 controllers). :)

The wiring is very simple, however, the only timer fuction is the start delay. Meaning to say, if I set the time delay to 15mins and the temp flucuates frequently, the controller will ony allow the MH to restart after 15mins when the temp has dropped beyond your preset level. :)

hmm where can i buy this gadget?

sim lim tower or sim lim square?

do they come with a instruction manual..

i can ask my technician to look into it

• SRC Member

hmm where can i buy this gadget?

i can ask my technician to look into it

Er . . . You do not necessary need a "FOX" temperature controller. Any temperature controller will do. There are several models to choose from in Sim Lim Tower. The wiring diagram is also provided. It looks just like the temperature controller found in all our chillers. Only thing to add is you need to tell them its for "heater" function instead of "chiller" function

the FOX controller can be found at sim lim tower. exactly which unit, i hv forgotten liaoz. gotta ask cedric. Scarab, u hv seen the controller b4. coz i used it to overwrite my previous chiller unit. 

Er . . . You do not necessary need a "FOX" temperature controller. Any temperature controller will do. There are several models to choose from in Sim Lim Tower. The wiring diagram is also provided. It looks just like the temperature controller found in all our chillers. Only thing to add is you need to tell them its for "heater" function instead of "chiller" function

Already answered in previous post bro! ;)

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member
The sensor can be use to sense temp. range of -40.0 Deg to +90 Deg.

wow.

i don think we need this range i think anything from 20 - 40 deg can liao...

anyway :thanks: for the location brother

• SRC Member

i just got myself a Fox 1004.

well heard from the boss of the shop that there waz a sudden increase of customer looking for this model..

he would like to extend his thanks to you..brother for helping him to advertise :lol::lol:

do u need a relay..

me from multimedia in poly....

not any electrical faculty..thus don know much abt those electric stuff..

i intend to use it to stop a MH if the chiller spoil...

• SRC Member

Thank me? hahaha :D Not necessary! I don't even remember his shop name! I'm only avocating installing fail safes by using redundancy in our system. But thanks for relaying the message, I appreciate it! :bow:

Use any brand or type of controllers you want!

As for relays or contactors, I do not use any because my amperage usage does not warrant the use of one. Take into consideration for your load and startup amp and add a safety factor! Only you can decide if it is safe enough to run without a relay coz I do not know what is your electrical load! :)

Comments are welcome!