Which Brand Of Chiller Good

Coral_ClamS

• SRC Member

I've always been using Teco chillers and they are really reliable. The chillers receive few complains but they can be pricey.

Many are switching to Reef Relief (RR) chillers and so far, so good.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

get a reef relief. it will be a little overpowered not sure if they have anything lower than 1/2 hp. but it will help when upgrading in the future. price is $1100 with installation

75 watts is probably good for nano only. like <2ft

• SRC Member
get a reef relief. it will be a little overpowered not sure if they have anything lower than 1/2 hp. but it will help when upgrading in the future. price is $1100 with installation

75 watts is probably good for nano only. like <2ft

they used to have the 1/3 hp ones but they dun make it anymore :shock:

• SRC Member

btw how much is the teco RA680 and where to get it....

spiderone ......the installation for $1100 got include wat, if get my own pump which brand and model is recommended....thanks!

BTW can anyone provide me with the amount of $$ i hav to prepare for the elect bills monthly for the RR chiller and double 400watts MH lighting with supplements !! :thanks::thanks::P:D

• SRC Member
btw how much is the teco RA680 and where to get it....

spiderone ......the installation for $1100 got include wat, if get my own pump which brand and model is recommended....thanks!

BTW can anyone provide me with the amount of $$ i hav to prepare for the elect bills monthly for the RR chiller and double 400watts MH lighting with supplements !! :thanks::thanks::P:D

If you order from dr chill here,he will include free pump and hoses and delivers to your house!

1/2 hp is 400w.it will be cost around $30 - $40.this is a rough estimation,it depends on how big your tank is what equipments you have.

Assuming you run your double 400w for 10hrs daily,that will cost you $1.32 per day or $40 per month.

• SRC Member

If you order from dr chill here,he will include free pump and hoses and delivers to your house!

1/2 hp is 400w.it will be cost around $30 - $40.this is a rough estimation,it depends on how big your tank is what equipments you have.

Assuming you run your double 400w for 10hrs daily,that will cost you $1.32 per day or $40 per month.

oh thanks sharkbait....so mus prepare at least $100 for bills wah lao still got additives...OBTW, heard that Tanzy claimed in one of the post that additives was unneccessary, true anot? if tt the case then save jin zhui liao....haha!BTW i 'm planning a coral tank and eventually an SPS one! :D:bow:

• SRC Member

so what are the kinds of additives tt are needed to maintain an SPS.....i know that Ca is needed... and some say about kalwasser(dun really no what's it except that they mentioned about maintaining pH value)...other that Ca and a CO2 tank is neccessary for coral to grow and photosynthesis...

is two 250watts 6500k with actinic supple. of T5/FL enough or is a double 400watts 6500k with actinic supple. of T5/FL neccessary for 3fter of deph probably ard 20inches exclue SB... :thanks:

• SRC Member

so what are the kinds of additives tt are needed to maintain an SPS.....i know that Ca is needed... and some say about kalwasser(dun really no what's it except that they mentioned about maintaining pH value)...other that Ca and a CO2 tank is neccessary for coral to grow and photosynthesis...

is two 250watts 6500k with actinic supple. of T5/FL enough or is a double 400watts 6500k with actinic supple. of T5/FL neccessary for 3fter of deph probably ard 20inches exclue SB...

• SRC Member
but then saw one of the DIYer's Ca reactor connected with a air tubing frm a CO2 tank(like O2 tank whan diver go udrwater wan)?

That is for the calcium reactor.When disolved in water,co2 lowers the ph so that the media inside can be disolved thus increasing the Ca level of the tank.It is not added directly into the tank.

• SRC Member

That is for the calcium reactor.When disolved in water,co2 lowers the ph so that the media inside can be disolved thus increasing the Ca level of the tank.It is not added directly into the tank.

tt's what is meant ....i didnt even tot of injecting the CO2 direct in to the tank!

So the CO2 is really neeeded for the Ca reator lah...thanks alot! :thanks:

• SRC Member
coral clams

if you really want to save money, then i think it will be better for you to read up more first, you seem quite lost to me from all posts

i have been reading and gaining info frm u guys ....

tt's what i plan to do for the next one year when i 've got enough infomation first b4

i start to set my tank...FYI i'm just having a FOWLR tank now! my coral tank will start next year! :bow:

• SRC Member

i have been reading and gaining info frm u guys ....

tt's what i plan to do for the next one year when i 've got enough infomation first b4

i start to set my tank...FYI i'm just having a FOWLR tank now! my coral tank will start next year! :bow:

ok... good for you. FOWLR is a good starting ground for get a feel about things.

cheers!