wat r the difficult fish to keep in captivity?

• SRC Member

You are lucky. My dottyback and doctor warsse can't even last for 3 days and they go AWOL.

Saw on the web that bristle star will actually attack smaller fish and I have one of those in my tank. Being trying very hard to locate the fella but I can't seens to find it near the place I last saw it. <_<<_<

You are very lucky liao. Can last 3 days.

My cleaner wrasses started eating almost immediately but next day lying on the sand. I have given up on them.

• SRC Member

You are very lucky liao. Can last 3 days.

My cleaner wrasses started eating almost immediately but next day lying on the sand. I have given up on them.

Doc warsse mistery.

Day 1: Swimming around, occasionally they'll hide.

Day 2: Totally can't locate they.

Day 3: AWOL (saw some fish bones on the seabed)

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

For those fish that needs regular feeding one the trick is to feed little but many times a day. The trick is to get a big skimmer.

I feed my fishes like 10 times a day and 2 cubes of mysis everytime. I guess the feeding is still okie was I don't get cyno or algae growing everywhere.

The end results is I got many fat tangs than fat anthias because the tang are more aggressive eaters.

This excludes the nori and pellets that I dump in manually and via the autofeeder 5x a day.

"A-Go-Go" is a LS. The one with white patches on its body.

Plectorhinchus chaetodonoides - Common name: clown sweetlips, spotted sweetlips

Plectorhinchus_chaetodonoides2.jpg

Actually these are no n fishes to have.. they feed on hard shell inverts and they do not do well in captivity

• SRC Member

My Agogo (clown sweetlips) actually used to keep for over two months until I introduced two debileus reef lobsters into my tank.

Even though termed as reef safe and I have no solid proof, I think my lobsters started killing my fishes at night coz every morning will find my fish have some injuries and die soon after with wounds on their bodies.

Anyways, my agogo used to just peck at rocks and the sandbed for food. It's great fun to watch coz of their wavvy pattern when they swim, like dancing agogo!