New Aquarium setup

• SRC Member

Frankly and please don't get me wrongly, if u want to continue with the 20l set-up, u seriously may want to consider freshwater fish instead. Some hardier species like cardinals and platys look good whilst being more maintenance free. But whichever the case, u probably need to change your filter even for a freshwater set-up. nano tanks are really for the very experienced...

Be happy to give u some freshwater plant cuttings if u want some plants. ;)

I think when the people meant little, they meant really little! don't be scared or turned off by the comments that come your way. they may sound harsh, but it actually is the reality of setting up a small tank.

I initially wanted to set up a two feet tank with an anemone and a clownfish only *can't blame. mother wanted lah* after reading on this forum/reef central till the cows came home, I decided to take the plunge and get a 4ft tank. and even with the 4ft tank, I already got problems...let alone a 2ft tank! :P

but whatever your decision may be, always read before you decide on your course of action. a more intelligent approach would save a lot of time, effort, and precious lives *lifestock that is*

my two cents.

• SRC Member
I used to have a 10 litres tank ... I tested out the tolerance level without changing water - the max is 2 weeks .... you need to change 30 percent of the water every week to be on the safe side, for 2 weeks without changing water you are already threading on a very thin line. All my fishes went to St. Peter after 2 weeks plus. I gave up finally and place a 20 litres sump tank to support the system. I have sinced teard down the tank, though the corals and fishes were flourishing healthily. It was a enjoyable experience.

For coral tank, a water change every week seems to be inevitable as well.

Monitor the Ammonia & nitrite and then your nitrate.

Good luck to your nano.

Yup, I do have one 10 litre too. Routine includes changing of water every week.

I try to keep a max of 3 to 4 fishes only..... :P

Having nanos first will let u learn the basic the hard and painful way..... :(

:phone:

• SRC Member

If maintenance is not a issue. Just a word of advice - go for shallow sand bed with more live rock instead and bigger size gravel like grade 1 or above - siphon the detritus from the sand bed 2 to 3 times a week.

You should be relatively safe.

Happy reefing dude :P

• SRC Member
I initially wanted to set up a two feet tank with an anemone and a clownfish only *can't blame. mother wanted lah* after reading on this forum/reef central till the cows came home, I decided to take the plunge and get a 4ft tank. and even with the 4ft tank, I already got problems...let alone a 2ft tank! :P

my two cents.

aWw.. u made those with 2 footers feel proud.. ahah.. :peace:

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

aWw.. u made those with 2 footers feel proud.. ahah.. :peace:

i feel so proud haha... no lah

just a word of caution, it is not easy with small tank,

given a chance again , i will start a bigger tank ... i like big tank like tanzy and AT .

:eyebrow:

can always ask bubble gum how he manage his 2 feet should anyone need advice for nano i think :lol: shooting arrow :evil:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10