Filter

Do u mean canister filter? :)

Depends on wat kind of filtration u want your filter to perform, mech, bio or chem or all?

For mech filtration, i believe coarse and fine wool will be enuf. For Bio, u can use ceramic rings.

It all comes down to what kind of filtration u want to acheive. :)

• SRC Member

dun be lazy lar

go n change ur filter media... though they can get very expensive...wif all those good stuff...

Rather... i still cant figure out what's e diff poly filter, sponge and cotton wool???

i put all 3 of em into my canister...

hi,

i used to have a 2 feet tank with canister as well...it is best if u can change and clean your filter once a week...if u are thinking of cleaning them once fortnightly, i think it would be better to just put nothing inside besides carbon and phosguard.. most of the time, the cotton or other filter media would cause a nitrate build up..let the live rocks and sand do the filtration...a good skimmer helps too...that's what i did last time too...nitrate also lower...compared to the high nitrates i had when i stuff my canister with bio balls, wool and other filter media...

"Save a reef, grow your own"

my fren just brought the redsun or redsea 1 ...quite a big 1 wit hall the needed medium in it. wool, ceramics, bio balls at $150. i forgot the model name......

Why does everyone put charcoal in the filter.....i have bad exp with it....heard it will release the adsorbed thing back to tank..... :sick:

believe less then 50% of wat ppl tell u n bring it up tp 99% by confirming it urself

• SRC Member

i think u mean carbon. not charcoal.

change all media once a month??? who told u that?? . U can just wash wool dont have to replace,waste of $$. U change all media once a month u can basically forget about biological filtration too. Only thing u shld probably change is carbon