Electric current in water!!

• SRC Member

change all the power head still got current how huh??? even remove the lighting also got current.. give up liao.. will try to do something... Can someone help me test on your water using a testpen? help me check whether the bulb got light up a not.. is it the same as mine a not? Thanks..

Tried that already... using my left hand to go into the water no problem but once my right hand touch the water my finger get shock... so i tried using a test pen.. indicated that there is current.. Is it harmful to the fishes and LS?

Hi,

Bro, Why not try by disconnect the equipment one by one, make sure all equipment is totally unplug. after that test it with ur test pen, if the current still exist, then that could be electrostatic charge. Hope this may help.

Charlie

• SRC Member

yup tested it one by one already. when i totally off all the pump no current at all then i switch on 1st power head there is a bit of current.. so i off it.. then i tried the 2nd power head also the same. BTW i just got the 2 new power head TODAY! same problem as the old 1.. and the funny thing is that my left hand won't get shock but my right hand will..

I do have this experience before when I just bought my SEIO pump after running for few days. But mine is on the left hand, and my right hand is OK. The fortunate thing is that I don't see lights on when tested with test pen. Same thing, I disconnect the pump by unplugging it out from power point, next I use a cloth place underneath my both feet and I power back the pump and do the test by left hand and this time I do not feel anything, after dipping for a few time. I don't feel anything even without the cloth underneath. But as for ur case is good that you test it with test pen because since it can light up ur test pen means quite high voltage ( Be Cautious and careful ).

Yes, using ground probe will help, but it will not be permanently solve the problem if there is current leakage from any of the PH. Because the root cause is still exist.

If confirm there is leakage basically, ur ELCB should trip. Then it better that you remove and replace ur PH. But if it is electrostatic charge it will discharge as long as the ground probe is grounded.

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

Brought that probe today now my tank free of current.. :D For those that have current in there water can try using Titanium grounding probe but not for permanent using. i will still be looking the cost of it... At the mean time my LS/Fish looks happy... :D

:thanks: