RobSkim At Reeflobang's Tank

reeflobang

• SRC Member

Still tunning the bugger to get stable and finer bubbles.... not "broken in" as well... :(

The Rio 3000 lt/hr pump is causing my tank temperature to be at high 27 to 28 degrees... was always 26+ degrees using the smaller pump (2200 lt / hr)....

• SRC Member

Hee hee, guinea pig here very busy the last few days......

Last night was foaming well. Water level was only at midway of the main column and the foam was able to rise all the way up to the collection cup! Super dry.

But once I started to feed, all the foaming stopped and this morning still no foam raising... already more than 8 hours since last feeding.... :(

Understand that foaming will stopped somehow (anyone got scientific reason) but not sure why for so long... If I feed twice a day, don't need to skim already.... :(

• SRC Member
Hee hee, guinea pig here very busy the last few days......

Last night was foaming well. Water level was only at midway of the main column and the foam was able to rise all the way up to the collection cup! Super dry.

But once I started to feed, all the foaming stopped and this morning still no foam raising... already more than 8 hours since last feeding.... :(

Understand that foaming will stopped somehow (anyone got scientific reason) but not sure why for so long... If I feed twice a day, don't need to skim already.... :(

as i mentioned, all skimmers are like tat...even beckett skimmers...but then again, 8hrs seems a little too long...hhhmmmm....die liao....

i will go to your place and check it out later...paiseh...

uncle cmswong, any suggestion??

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

a few bad things i notice with this new set...

1) no skimmate drip.have to wash it almost every week...very troublesome...

2) although skimmer is skimming, can be improved if the turbulence can be less...still in the midst of designing...

3) very little reaction time..will try either a bigger bottom box or taller reaction chamber...

4) standby spray-injector is quite redundant..if i run 1 pump for 1 spray=50W x 2, it will equal 100W...then might as well get joe's miniature beckett...but will still leave it there just in case of any upgrade...

5) deflection ring will be better..so that extra foam will not exit from the air outlet..

last but not least...my very own customised SPRAY INJECTOR....no need to clean or worry that dirt might get stuck inside...if anything that's big enough to get stuck in the injector, it will probably damage the pump 1st...

post-9-1094642173.jpg