protein skimmer

orgas

hi there,

i had bought a Macro venturi skimmer for about 3months now but it doesnt seem to work. had the powerhead and airpump all in place but it just doesnt work. Wat should i do to get it going??? Do i need to get a wood block to the skimmer?

pls advise.

orgas :(

hi guys

thanks for replying. The powerhead that i have is 2000ltr/hr and the air pump is also pretty strong. i bought the skimmer from lor halus from pacific marine(the one near to the main rd) . tried all kinds of ways but still cant get it working.

what do you mean by volume rate?

orgas

:(

• SRC Member
hi guys

thanks for replying. The powerhead that i have is 2000ltr/hr and the air pump is also pretty strong. i bought the skimmer from lor halus from pacific marine(the one near to the main rd) . tried all kinds of ways but still cant get it working.

what do you mean by volume rate?

orgas

:(

Sorry, I mean the amount of water going into the skimmer....

You use a Airpump.....

Is that neccessary???

What do you mean when you say it doesn't work???

Do you get any skimmate in the collection cup....

• SRC Member

i also dun get what u mean by not working?

is the water being pumped in?- the skimmer has its own air inlet-(no need for an airpump).All u need is to extend wif an airline if u want.

is the water level above the outlet of the skimmer?

do u see the air&water mix in the skimmer-getting a whitish mist colour water?- u can adjust the level of water by tweaking the outlet nozzle,adjust it so the level is near the top-abt 1-2 below where the cup starts- let it run cause new skimmers gotta break in.

should be foaming within hours.

i tested with 1200ltr powerhead last night & it works fine.