Help on DIY Skimmer

alexgan

• SRC Member

Hi All Master DIY

I intend to DIY a skimmer for my 5ft tank. Wondering can all

the sifu here can help me to provide info like....

1) A diagram of skimmer?

2) Where to get those part? or so?

or maybe someone here already constructed a diy and wanted to

sell for upgrade purpose?

Cheers

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

wah bro, thanks for the advertising...

it all depends on wat kind of skimmer u intend to build...beckett, venturi, needlewheel, air driven or spray injector?

• SRC Member

A little off topic :off: but can anyone share with me where u get the arcylic cut? I need to get some cut to my dimension for a project at work (note not marine based). Can PM me?

I only know Serangoon Nrth cut arcylic but I need a higher quality job. Hopefully laser cut. Anyone?

Thanks ina dvance

JC

• SRC Member
A little off topic :off: but can anyone share with me where u get the arcylic cut? I need to get some cut to my dimension for a project at work (note not marine based). Can PM me?

I only know Serangoon Nrth cut arcylic but I need a higher quality job. Hopefully laser cut. Anyone?

Thanks ina dvance

JC

Link is here.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

hi typrobin,

i guess all is the same right? but what i want is external skimmer where i dont need to put inside my sump tank loh. Prefer a skimmer about 3ft tall something like that lah....but due to singapore dont have those spray injector....guess is very hard right?

• SRC Member
hi typrobin,

i guess all is the same right? but what i want is external skimmer where i dont need to put inside my sump tank loh. Prefer a skimmer about 3ft tall something like that lah....but due to singapore dont have those spray injector....guess is very hard right?

they are all not the same...although the ultimate aim is to produce as much foam as possible...

external 3ft unit? how bout a gigantic beckett skimmer? i think so far that's the only skimmer that i've seen pple building it oversized...

or if u want, an oversized needlewheel with 4-5 extra circulation pump...but so far i've only seen one person who successfully made a customised needlewheel impeller which i would say is of top quality, not the bio ball type...dun think tat person wants to be named...but u can find his thread in our DIY forum...

as for venturi or air stone units, i've never seen a 3ft tall kind...

i am thinkin of making a 3ft tall spray injector skimmer.i have my own frabicated mould for the spray injectors..

.. but then again, i dun think it is feasible cause it will cost a bomb to run it...we can discuss it via pm if u are interested...