Need Help With Surprise Tankamates

• SRC Member

Hey, i found a mini octopus in my live rock when i bought it. Wow.. what a profit... I'm surprised it can survive without water for quite some time. So right now, the octopus 's size is less than an inch. Plus the tenacles, about 3 inches in diameter.

So i was wondering what to take care of this little bro here.. anything one care to suggest?

Bro..

looks like i am not the only one here ... having extra living things within the live rock....

for me .. just saw a worm looks like centipit.. also some small tube worms.. i believe....

hmmm... just live rock .. so much fun already ...

oh ya... is the so call worm i found is it safe????? quite long..... scare will bite....

• SRC Member

nay, mine is common type i think... like those market sell one... same colour as the market-sell squid. Reddish brown? My rock also have the tube of worms... haha... yeah... that funny octupus climb up the walls and out of the water... still camping there... other than crabs, anything else? fish?? dead fish?

What color is yr octopus? If it is a blue ring octupus, it will kill you in a matter of minutes.

for those who have not seen a real blue ring ..........................can go yishun blk 219 take a look. LFS Owner has one...dun...I mean....dun touch it................... :blink:

• SRC Member

There was a documentary on blue-ring octopus on discovery channel just yesterday.. The poison comes from the bacteria residing in its salivary gland and it is so potent that it can kill you in minutes. There was a clip on it killing a small crab. *whew*

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

• SRC Member

blue ring octopus is illegal in S'pore rite thats what i heard

its dangerous leave it to the ocean and dun take the risk.. anyway

the blue ring octopus is beautifull..

with a sting

:>

• SRC Member

watch out !

The Octopus will start to eat the small fishes once there are not more crabs, prawns.......... I had a bad experience, that the Octopus start to climb to the top & want to catch my clown fishs.......... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

There was a documentary on blue-ring octopus on discovery channel just yesterday.. The poison comes from the bacteria residing in its salivary gland and it is so potent that it can kill you in minutes. There was a clip on it killing a small crab. *whew*

Yup thats true

• SRC Member

like what fuel said. make sure your tank is sealed. get wire netting and voer the tops. and powerhead intakes. u'd be surprised how small a hole it can squeeze through. 3 inch overall length dun be surprised if it can squeeze through a 1 cm3 hole. the usual feedback on the web from ppl who buy octopuses is that they find them dead on the floor in the next few days