Chinese pomfret: Where to buy?

bro...not many reefers here keep species tank....so U are going to find it hard to get the answer you wanted....

infact:

I have only seen a few species tank so far:

Seahorse and pipefish tank

Lionfish tank

frogfish tank

goby tank

Sharks! Why does anyone not keep this fish? Anyway, which kelongs do the markets get their supplies of pomfret from?

Hi...maybe u can enq. from iwar**....I ever saw once quite sometime ago..a juv. one abt 3".

Kind of cute guy...but tink quite difficult to feed in captive cos they feed on live mysis if i m not wrong....mayb u can try live brine if u able to get one.... :D

Sharks! Why does anyone not keep this fish? Anyway, which kelongs do the markets get their supplies of pomfret from?

I think got 1 local kelong in Pasir Ris,,,, u may have to find out more at FishingKaki forum as this fish is more of interest to anglers than reefers.

or try yr luck at Singapore River, there hotspot for pomfret :rolleyes:

If I'm not wrong Tropical Marine Science Institute on St. John Island might be providing the fish fry. I've seen them raising groupa fry there the last time I visited (long long ago)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

If I'm not wrong Tropical Marine Science Institute on St. John Island might be providing the fish fry. I've seen them raising groupa fry there the last time I visited (long long ago)

TMSI is no longer there...the facillity has been deserted and the project has been abandoned

I heard few years back when in school that St John Island gonna be changed to a dunnoe what housing for illegal immigrants...dont know how true is it...last time my school used to visit there yearly for the annual school camp.

no more liao loh , the prison like facilities still there but closed down loh .... i juz went there a few weeks ago. :lol:

• Sponsor
Can anybody help by telling me specifically how to get to "Tropical Marine Science Institute on St. John Island."?

;) Hi folks, looks like we have some keen interest here on research and even food fish, fast fish like promfets require highly oxygenated water and space to swim and can be difficult sometimes. Well, for those interested in visiting the facilities at Tropical Marine Science Institute (St John's), PM your particulars to us at E Aquarists' Place. We can arrange a private tour for you!

Just been there a couple of months back, some interesting research on reef reproduction going on.... :ph34r:

Does anyone think that these places sell the pomfrets?

1: Swee Chioh Fishery Co.

Farm Add: FC 17 Fish Farm, Changi Point, Singapore.

Reg. Add: 1400J Changi Road, 14 1/2 MS Changi Point, Singapore 507718

H/P : 9631 6803

Contact person : Mr Yeo Kiah Hong

2: Aquarium Iwarna, 70 Pasir Ris Drive 12, Farmway 3

Thats the best I could find!