True Percula pair for sale

Dazer

i remember buying my true percula pair at CF that has very little black markings...those with heavy black markings were sold at higher prices than those with less black markings......or maybe they did mistake false perculas and sold me as true perculas :lol:

but then again....there may be variations in the amount of black that true perculas have....even the patterns of their banding differs

just like fair malays are not chinese and dark skin toned chinese aren't malays.... :)

http://www.animal-world.com/encyclo/marine...truepercula.php

The difference is in the number of dorsal spines (11 for A. ocellaris, and 10 or 9 for A. percula), the anterior part of the dorsal fins is taller in A. ocellaris, and A. ocellaris never have a thick black margin around the three white bars.

After reading, i come to a conclusion..

those with prominent black bars are always true perculas, no mistake...

but those with no prominent black bars...can be EITHER true perculas or otherwise....the only way is to see the dorsal spines

• SRC Member

hi guys! The pair i'm letting go i'm sure is a Amphiprion percula instead of Amphiprion Ocellaris as i have compared to the pics of my pair with my clownfish reference book by Joyce D. Wilkerson. I have sold few pairs of true percula before and you can check my past history of the pasa malam sale thread. Please don't be mistaken that i'm not out to mislead any hobbyists here but i can assure you that the clownfishes i'm getting from are from a reliable source.

p.s pic attached is a reference which i used and is taken from the book.

post-10-1095215984.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Han...sOcellaris.html

Here are some differentiating signs you might want to look for. The percula usually has a lower height dorsal fin than the ocellaris and one or two more dorsal fin spines. The height of the fully extended dorsal fin is easy to see, but try counting the dorsal spines while the fish swims in it's waddling motion! I can't count them so I don't worry much about this sign, except in a picture. Also, the percula clownfish often has a face with more pronounced bulging structure, or more of a frog looking face with bulging eyes and cheekbones when viewed head on. The ocellaris' face is more plain looking in comparison when viewed head on. Some say the "eyes" have it. Perculas quite often have have a pure bright orange iris around the black pupil. This often gives them the illusion of having smaller eyes, or a beady little eyed look, as some say. Ocellaris clowns more often have a grayish orange iris which gives them the illusion of a larger looking eye than some percula clownfish. But, this sign isn't always reliable. Percula clownfish more often than not have more black coloration on their bodies than the similar looking ocellaris clownfish. This includes wider black margins which divide the orange and white markings. Ocellaris clownfish usually have thin black dividing margins between the orange and white. This overall darker coloration of the percula is recognized by most hobbyists as the most recognizable difference between these two fish. Percula clownfish from certain locations are mostly black with a fair amount of white and just a little bit of orange. Other than the extra spines in the dorsal fin, these other signs aren't foolproof and are not always reliable.

very little black markings compared to some other true perculas....but still true perculas nonetheless...

so that's why i say...those with heavy black markings are always true perculas....but those with no heavy black markings may also be true perculas....

dun have alot of black markings doesnt mean they are false clowns ;)

post-10-1095216838.jpg