how to get my purple tang out of my tank?

19percula

fish trap dun always work. i have been trying for 1 month to catch my 2 purple tangs and finally gave up.

hv u tried other types of fish traps? there r a few interesting ideas in the forum, success varies from tank to tank.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
This is one of the bros' method.

Turn on the lights at 3 am and the fish will blur blur swim out. you know what to do next.

hee..hee.. I think me also blur blur at 3 am..... :lol:

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

The easiest way is to us the betta box. Leave the box in the tank for few days and let the PT/other fishes used to the betta box. During this time feed your food inside the betta box. I am sure you will be able to catch ur PT.

When i want to catch my chromis i tried many ways and this way i was able to catch all the chromis in my tank. I just clipped nori/marine algae inside the betta box and my PT always go in to eat the nori.

• SRC Member
The easiest way is to us the betta box. Leave the box in the tank for few days and let the PT/other fishes used to the betta box. During this time feed your food inside the betta box. I am sure you will be able to catch ur PT.

When i want to catch my chromis i tried many ways and this way i was able to catch all the chromis in my tank. I just clipped nori/marine algae inside the betta box and my PT always go in to eat the nori.

ya..caught my clown tang using this method. ;)

What i did was i cut a soft drink bottle at the mouth and a small hole at one of the sides near the bottom of the bottle. Attach the trap somewhere in the tank with the small hole facing up. (I used a clothes peg and clip it to the side of my tank) Leave it in the tank for one day and start feeding the fishes from the small hole.

the fishes might not dare to enter the bottle at first so try feeding them near the opening. carrying on feeding for 1-2 days more till the fishes are no longer afraid of the bottle. once your purple tang enters the bottle, cover the opening with a net at voila! you got your tang!!

post-7-1095409817.jpg

Tank : 2.5 x1.5 x 2

Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC3.5

Lighting : Maxspect 110W

Chiller : Hailea 150 @ 27Deg

Salt : TropicMarin