Brown Aglea On Sandbed

• SRC Member

My tank is starting to get the diatom bloom.. getting more and more brownish.. Really very unpleasant <_< Is it true phosguard helps to speed up the process of clearing the diatoms?

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

• SRC Member

i think seacuke just sift the sand and cover the brown sand with clean sand from below it. dun think it eats diatoms. just wait for the phospates and silicates to burn up. can try rowaphos or contraphos. put it into an internal filter and throw it into your tank and wait. do it natural way. dun bother with snails all these.

i think seacuke just sift the sand and cover the brown sand with clean sand from below it. dun think it eats diatoms. just wait for the phospates and silicates to burn up. can try rowaphos or contraphos. put it into an internal filter and throw it into your tank and wait. do it natural way. dun bother with snails all these.

Hmmm..chemical filtration is natural? Snails are the artificial method then? :rolleyes:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

My sea cuke stuff itself with sand from its front end, and later, the sand comes out the other end cleaner. :)