My resun MD40 burned today

weileong

the parallel performance..

of coz things may happen like 2 pumps not working at the same time....ie..whole circuit trips...but we can minimise small *ooops* like an isolated pump failure when we have more parallel circuits in our system...be it return flow....cooling loops or other vital equipment :)

post-17-1095410897.gif

yeah..i agree with deepblue that this may be an isolated case...

but in any manufacturing/fabrication process.....there are always rates to failure....

maybe the ratio of failure rate is higher in one brand than another...all these will only be known to manufacturers....

even the best equipment can come out of the best factory faulty....just that the odds are maybe one in hundreds of thousands pieces compared to one in every thousand pieces of other brands :)

• SRC Member
hmmm.......Danger.......I am using ATMAN pump for my return....scare scare...... :fear: .......trip or spolit nebermind.....but caught fire......I doubt......because the water runs into the pump right???!.......hmmm...... :erm:

Weileong....what is the logic behind this if I may ask? :huh: :

"That's is why I think chiler pump must always be same circuit as the lights so then either one trip the other one will stop too."

I'm using a Atman pump as my main pump too. The other day I turned off the Atman pump so that I can rearrange my landscape, and when I was ready to turn it back on, it never run. After dismantling the pump from the pipe, I tried to manually turn the impeller and realized that the impeller is quite stiff. I suspect one of the bearing has given way. After shaking it a little, it started running again. I told myself that I better start getting a replacement pump soon...or Murphy may pay my house a visit soon.

So far only used the pump for 6 months only... The next time I will get a more reliable pump.