Deepblue's 3ft Tank ( 3 x 2 x 2)

DeepBlue

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW....nice LPS!!!! btw ain't the tunze too strong for them???

a shot just for you.....the tunzes and seio 820 are pretty much not affecting my LPS ;)

post-34-1098710751.jpg

hmmm.... that's nice! maybe i should really really try again with the tunze!

PS.. r u using Grade 1 or Grade 0 sand?

I a, using the red sea live aragonite sand on top of my own #1sized sand. Think the red sea ones are#0.

I basically pointed my tunze at an angle pushing the current upwards and letting the current bounce off the front glass wall to reduce the impact...

a 3ft tank with 2 seio 820 and 2 tunze 6060, plus a return pump powered by MD40 ...quite a bit of current in my tank. even my hogfish couldnt swim straight at times on the upper column. :lol::lol:

I a, using the red sea live aragonite sand on top of my own #1sized sand. Think the red sea ones are#0.

I basically pointed my tunze at an angle pusing the current upwards and letting the current bounce off the front glass wall to reduce the impact...

a 3ft tank with 2 seio 820 and 2 tunze 6060, plus a return pump powered by MD40 ...quite a bit of current in my tank. even my hogfish couldnt swim straight at times on the upper column. :lol::lol:

:blink: so much current....... :lol:.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

yup....one of the key thing about SPS is to ensure sufficient current reaches them...but not blow their tissues off.

I used to have some STN problem in certain corners of my previous tank because of the water flow issue. so got to be a little careful this round.

took me a few days to get the right current flow I like... ... my cynarina is definitely benefitting from the lower current zone...expanding bigger each day....too bad not yet 'green hulk' quality like Flubbey's.

post-34-1098875589.jpg

the other piece is more like a prata....but definitely a cynarina as well...texture is totally different...got it quite a while back then before closing down the 4footer.

post-34-1098875799.jpg

• SRC Member
the other piece is more like a prata....but definitely a cynarina as well...texture is totally different...got it quite a while back then before closing down the 4footer.

The hulk used to look like this when it is younger... :)

that's why that night in the midst of unpacking still keep a very keen eye on something special.....I was quite surprise to get it after I'm done helping....

too bad the small pink tip plate was taken by someone else... :erm:

• SRC Member
that's why that night in the midst of unpacking still keep a very keen eye on something special.....I was quite surprise to get it after I'm done helping....

too bad the small pink tip plate was taken by someone else... :erm:

You bet...that red-haired guy pulled Ah Bak to the elegance and insisted on Ah Bak selling to him... :unsure:

Thank God... :angel:

That's why he got the pink plate instead... :P