Deepblue's 3ft Tank ( 3 x 2 x 2)

DeepBlue

Finally received my tank.

Characteristic of the tank setup:

A simpler tank with a smaller setup. going to cut down cost and save money :lol:

tank is only 3ftx2ftx2ft with external overflow box.

(aesthetically not so pleasing but allows me to make full use of the full space inside.

comes with a small sump as I need the space to house 2 X md40s....

basic equipent:

1) 1 x 0.5hp PAc Coo Chiller

2) 1 X RM mini 6" X 24" beckett (putting unsump) - driven by md40

3) DIYed 39W Aquaz T5s (6 tubes- 4white2blue- with 6 Aquaz Reflector)

4) md40 as return

5) tunze (stupid move...sold one because I was going for 2footer..in the end, buy another one as going 3ft)

6) 2 X Seio 820 pumps

basically trying to cut cost a bit and moved my old tank out of the room. No more sauna for me anymore. Its a simple setup.

further projects...

1) Adding 1X 250w MH (DE ones)

2) Moonlight

3) RM custom mini Ca Reactor...

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a look at the single beckett skimmer I picked up from Joe..very well made and small enought to fit into my small sump.

Wife doesnt like equipment all over the place :ph34r:

Personally, I find Reef Maniac products absolutely well-made and gets the work done. Totally excited about discussing further with Joe on the mini Ca reactor for my tank....though Joe advocates bigger Ca Reactor...but space is really what I dun have :lol:

post-34-1096165976.jpg

my little blue box.......thought finally dont need a tunze anymore.....but it is still an impt piece of equipment :lol:

sold the old one......regretted...went out to buy another :upsidedown:

post-34-1096166137.jpg

the tank....delivery day yesterday...the old one went out at 3 pm...the new one arrived at ard 4pm

ask my wife go back office and shopping....stay away from the house...I am superstitious

post-34-1096166265.jpg

the super packed area underneath my tank.... I can squeeze in 1 more insump Ca Reactor and hopefully a zeovit reactor if possible....

the right side pipe (too many elbows - will be replaced by a soft pipe next week) --- to prevent slow down of flow) -->ran out of pipes yesterday :(

post-34-1096166539.jpg

going to start work later today......

still have my old bio rings, biohomes, live sand and live rocks.....

will add-on these babies :lol:

that's all for today.... update later once I find the tank is running fine.

Special thanks to alan for introducing to me a great guy to do up the tank...very solid service!

post-34-1096166955.jpg

probably some bio rings and stuffs or totally nothing as it is used to diffuse the bubles before they get suck back into the tank by the rurn and gets tiny bubbles everywhere....

initally was going to make the centre portion as a refugium...but I dislike refugiums .....or DSB.....and with the space constraint..not possible liaoz.

Never work with such a small space before.... :lol:

initally was going to make the centre portion as a refugium...but I dislike refugiums .....or DSB.....and with the space constraint..not possible liaoz.

Never work with such a small space before.... :lol:

hehe then convert into a frag ciompartment hahaha :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Sump with the skimmer looks tight...how are you going to get the skimmer out for servicing (if required) ?

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Wow looks good... more pix more pix!!!

Show me the skimmate!!! :rolleyes:

• SRC Supporter
Sump with the skimmer looks tight...how are you going to get the skimmer out for servicing (if required) ?

Yup, That's a little tight...

Hongyi, suggest that you turn the skimmer 180 around... with the skimmer returns and beckett housing facing the external instead..... unless you like the idea of being a contortionist whenever you need to do adjustments to your skimmer....

Regarding the tight spacing.... try removing the skimmer without the housing and skimmer head.... if you can do that easily without getting any aches.... should be fine.....