How thick should be the glass of Arowana Tank be?

espresso

• SRC Member

Well bros,

my Gf's bro wanna upgrade his tank as his arowana had grown..his plan is to get a cabinet tank. Size is 5ft x 2ft x 2ft Or 6ft x 2ft x 2ft.

How thick should the glass be for arowana?

by the way:

Is there any recommandation for a good cabinet tank maker?

• SRC Member

tks guys...for all the advises..

i personally also think 10mm for 5 x 2 x 2 and 12mm for 6 x 2 x 2...but i never keep a arowana before..so i cant realy advise my friend...if the price ok 12mm for the 5 x 2 x 2 is reasonable..i will advise him to get thicker 1 too...tks for the replies.

:thanks:

5x2x2 must be at least 18 mm

18 mm :shock::shock::shock: No need so thick... I have been keeping arowana for a few years already.. And my recommendation is 5x2x2(12mm) or 6x2x2(12mm must have full euro bracing) and 6x2.5x2.5(12mm with full euro bracing at top and bottom, if can 15mm base) ;)

I myself will be getting a 6x2.5x2.5 with 12mm full euro bracing at top and bottom, and 15mm base...

• SRC Member

hmm..well..i called up that davidsws guy already...he got back to me..he also recommand 12mm glass for 5ftx2ftx2ft and 6ftx2ftx2ft..and the price is quite reasonable..well...lots of thanks for ur advises bro.

appreciate it...now only waiting for my Gf's bro to confirm which 1 he wan..

=p