Return Pump

Golden Tooth

• SRC Member

:D Need to find out between Aqua Bee 3000 n Eheim 1260, which one would u guys recommend? Any guys using Aqua Bee pump? Can share experience? Lookaround ad., seems like Aqua Bee pump is stronger. :unsure:

:pinch: Am l in the wrong forum? :rolleyes:

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

Is the Eheim 1260 powerful enough to return via chiller or do I need an extra pump to power water into the chiller?

Since on the subject of powerheads, what model would be good to put inside the tank (4ft X 2 X 2) so that there is enough flow to prevent dead spots?

Thanks

• SRC Member

1260 from sump to chiller to tank is ok depending on the recommended flowrate of yr chiller. most of them can take up to 2500l/hr. also depending on your piping. the more number of bends and height will reduce the flow rate too. i am currently using this setup. looks ok. as for the circulation pump, go for a Tunze Stream. setup mine yesterday after getting from Edumnd (EAN). its cool, quiet and really strong. but i suggest #1 sand instead of #0 coz it may create a sand storm :)