Dottybacks compatibilities

Eric

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

Any idea how to mix different species of dottybacks together? Have a bi-colour (yellow/purple) dottyback in my tank, but everytime I introduced a new dottyback, it will be bullied till death. Is it possible to have multiple dottybacks in a single tank?

Eric

Hi guys,

Any idea how to mix different species of dottybacks together? Have a bi-colour (yellow/purple) dottyback in my tank, but everytime I introduced a new dottyback, it will be bullied till death. Is it possible to have multiple dottybacks in a single tank?

Eric

dottyback are very territorial..... A dottyback would not tolerate another dottyback presence in the tank.. suggest you stop adding or else unecessary lives and money will be wasted..... however some ppl successfully miz dottyback but a very huge tank is needed

• SRC Member

My strawberry likes to pick on blue damsel esp... :ph34r:

Had to catch out the damsel and gave it away.

Prefer the dotty back.. has more character. :lol:

But on to yur question, i believe its a str8 NO, unless the tank is very big... And i

do mean big... :erm:

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member
Same species you can try to pair. I know how to pair orchid dottyback already. Got sexual differences in appearance. :D

TEACH!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

My Tank

• SRC Member
Heard dottybacks like to disturb those that looks similar to their own appearance... :lol:

Not only similar fishes, even other fishes that it takes a disliking too... <_<

Tried 3 damsels and a goby... they kanna bitten like crazy!

Lock mouth and Torn fins!!!! :pinch:

Indeed brutal... But left my clowns, cromis and YT alone leh...

Heng AH!

But basically i found out that have to avoid keeping with fishes with similar cave dwelling habits... learnt it the hard way. :ph34r:

My Tank

• SRC Member

My Royal Dottyback aka Bi-Colour Dottyback bullies everythibg from snails to new fishes ( but somehow leaves my Nemos alone). Luckily, my blue tang acts as the policeman of my tank.

Whenever it sees the Royal up to mischief, it will rush against the Royal to attack it and drive it away. This does not happen if the Royal behaves. Simply amazing!

• SRC Member

Woah yur blue tang is the upholder of justice in yur tank! :lol:

Mine kanna bully till up lorry by my YT... :(

My Tank