Tips On Catching Damsel...

• SRC Member

Get a metal BBQ skewer and spear it! If you can't catch it, at least kill it.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

i recently caught mine. The bugger us damn cunning and if u have alot of rock formations.... good bloody luck haha

anyway, I bought a large net, left it semi floatin for awhile to the damsel accustomed to it, and starved it for a day, then when it got hungry and desprate, i fed it and caught it while it was busy chasing food from the opp direction.

ps: He's got his own tank now and he's never going back Muhahahhahaaha :yeah:

I removed my 4-striped humbug with no difficulty at all. I managed to catch her on the first attempt (and also my very first attempt at catching damsels!) Just use a medium to large sized net, float it in the water for a few minutes, and chuck some food into the net. Then when it swims towards the food, just scoop it up as fast as u can. Good luck!!!

Hi spicyball have you got the damsel yet?

this is what i have done to catch my yellow tail damsels..( to give to a fren...not to flush down the toilet :unsure: )

first cut a clear mineral water bottle near to the top half...

fill up the container with water from the tank....

sprinkle some fish food into it(the container with water, not the tank :P ) and let the pieces sink to the bottom....

then slowly place the container into the tank....(you can see the that the damsel will be very excited as they can see the food and try to nip at it :yeah::yeah: )

place the container on the sand bed but preferably leaning at an angle so that the food remains in the deep end ( that is why i ask you to cut the bottle near the top)

than place your net near the entrance of the container.

move away for a while if you want to, maybe 5 to 10 min....

when the damsel will go in and feed on the food, close the open end of the container with your net and viola...you had it.....

only problem i got to prevent my cleaner shrimps from finishing up the bait...

hope this helps

cheers

:D

• SRC Member

i just remove my 3 striped damsel using the light method...

i got up in the middle of the nite(pitch black) and on all the lites(tank n room) all the fish is stunned by the sudden briteness i just scope it up with my bare hand without net with no effort...i could touch my other fish n they will not resist or escape.... caught the damsel within 20 sec. as compared to the other day when i tried to net the fellow.. after 1/2 an hrs the fish is still in the tank :( n all the rocks need rescape...

• SRC Member

Cool. Night raid. B)

Nightstalkers don't quit!

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif