how to get the anemone out?

cjh

• SRC Member

hi guys i brought a mushroom and when i reach home i discovered a anemone hiding inside 1 of the hole of the rock( i found it when it came out of the hole and open up......) :D:D:D FREE GIFT!!

i scare it will crawl around and sting my mushroom... is there any way i can remove it from the rock and move it to other life rock?

• SRC Member
put it somewhere with super high flow, it might dislike it and come out, if it loves high flow, put it somewhere with very little flow and low light... the idea is to irritate it and it would move!

Good idea.... any way.. pls don't force it out.. I kill my anemone .... when i used strength to remove it. The side of my anemone up.. (a bit, and die after 2days) -- long time ago. learned my lesson... :( ...

• SRC Member

Hijack This thread abit. Heee :D

How do u remove an anemone that have become 'very much' attached to a rock?

Been wanting to get that bugger to switch place but its kinda stubborn.

Tried teasing the base to coax it to release its grip but doesnt work leh... Any other way? <_<

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member
Hijack This thread abit. Heee :D

How do u remove an anemone that have become 'very much' attached to a rock?

Been wanting to get that bugger to switch place but its kinda stubborn.

Tried teasing the base to coax it to release its grip but doesnt work leh... Any other way? <_<

whenever i add my ph buffer , the anemone will shrink a lot when the solution touch it, then i will be able to just move it hahaha

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

use a powerhead to blow directly at it or put few cubes of ice into a plastic bag and use it to touch the foot of the anemone.

Whatever method u use, do not use force to pull the foot of the anemone as it is the most important part of the body.

• SRC Member

PH solution ah? Scared it will irritate my other corals ard it leh... thats why wanna change its location.

Maybe i try the icecube... last resort then the Ph solution.. :D

My Tank

• SRC Member
PH solution ah? Scared it will irritate my other corals ard it leh... thats why wanna change its location.

Maybe i try the icecube... last resort then the Ph solution.. :D

Hi bro!!

IMO, dun ever try the PH solution... u wun noe wat effect it will have on it.

BTW, is the foot exposed .. ?? or hidden in some holes.

if it is easily reached .. then u can try to see if there is any area where it did not grip on to the rock( some hole betw the foot and the rock) then try to start taking it out from there ..

i always use my little finger to start at area like that .. when u "tickle" the anemone at the base .. it will slime more .. casusing it to not hold on the rocks that well ..

• SRC Member

Hi bro!!

IMO, dun ever try the PH solution... u wun noe wat effect it will have on it.

BTW, is the foot exposed .. ?? or hidden in some holes.

if it is easily reached .. then u can try to see if there is any area where it did not grip on to the rock( some hole betw the foot and the rock) then try to start taking it out from there ..

i always use my little finger to start at area like that .. when u "tickle" the anemone at the base .. it will slime more .. casusing it to not hold on the rocks that well ..

The smart bugger got its base stuck firmly in a hole.... DAMN! <_<

My Tank

• SRC Member

lol... my anemone seems to noe that i wanna move it coz it moved on its own to the top of the rock after i finishing posing the reply....hahaha

• 1 month later...

the ice method did not seems to work for me.

i tried putting some table salt at the base of the anemone, slowly it will start to detect itself at the edge, then u can slowly and gently scrap it out with your fingers. tried on 2 anemone and both times it works.

they are doing well in my tank now :rolleyes: