ANTS

eques

The tank is kinda sealed ... some got lids where u can open to throw in food, etc (some w/ small holes for whatever aeration, i guess)...

I'm not too sure if you need a Queen ant to get anything going.. or else it's not gonna last long I think.

Some do provide kits to allow u to 'catch/bait' the ants (queen too), then put them into fridge (or freezer, forgot) to simulate hibernation... altho I'm not too sure the local ants in tropical area has a hibernation modeeee.. treat it like cyrogenics if you will ;p

anyone got/saw anyone successfully having an ant colony?

ps: think they do sell "live" ant colonies, altho' for what price and AVA allows or not, etc...

• SRC Member

I used to have one. Bought it at Toys'R'us years back. The problem is, Im supposed to mail them a coupon thats attached to the tank to get the free supply of ants from the US. The most funny thing is, shipment is made only within the US. In the end, I went to the trees to collect the fire ants which are bigger than the black ants. :lol: