Lemon Peel Angel

typrobin

• SRC Member

hi all, recently Irwana has lotsa Lemon Peel angels...very vibrant colour and very healthy...

i know that they are not reef safe, but so are flame angels...my tank mainly consist of LPS...

my questions:

1) wat do they usually eat in the wild?

2) should i set up a holding area for him to start eating on pellets 1st?

3) should i buy at all?

4) how can i train them to be reef safe?

• SRC Member

since no one reply you.......i will share my experience of Lemon peel with you. Beautiful fish. my dad loves it. But the fish love my clams even more. he bite on my clams till all died. so have to give up on clams, then he took a liking for my hammer. finally one day, he jumped onto the overflow and died. :(

then again, it is case to case one lah, not all angel fish nib on corals. depends on the individual fish actually. ;)

food wise, it is like flame angel lor. eat anything that i throw in. from pellets to BS.

if the price is S$35 and below, can buy lah. if higher then don't lor.

traning?? you mean you got lobang for such training school?? :yeah: how to train??

• SRC Member

There is a high chance that the Lemonpeel will take a liking to your clams and corals. I used to have one. It behaved well for two months. Then one fine day, it decided to try my corals eg. softies, zoos, etc. I finally had to tear down the tank to catch it out when it decided to nip on my clams.

But then again, maybe you'll have better luck. The risk is yours to take.

Good luck. :)

• SRC Member

I bought a lemonpeel from bro surfelic, he say the fish don't nib on his clam.... but don't know exactly what happen, I lost 2 clams and a red feather star after introducing that guy :cry2:

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

hi, i couldn't resist a small three spot angel (so pretty with purple lipstick)as my flame angel was ok..

lost my elegance, hammer, orange yumas, and even turbo snails. relentless bugger. snatch at all pellets i throw in.

good luck.