Fountain Nozzle

Crab

u would have to use a super powerful/expensive pump to run a beckett

how powerful the pump needs to be? Is eheim 1060 (2280ltr/hr) sufficient?

So sad its not available locally, not even substitue. :( I've found a handful of internet dealer (usa) that carries it. Anyone can recommend? Ideally with low shipping fees (some dealer mark up alot on shipping)

As a beckett skimmer user, are you prepared to pay for a good external pressure-rated chemical pump to drive the beckett? If not, you can expect poor performance and efficiency from the best in sump pumps, Eheim, Oceanrunner etc. They just don't have the power!

how powerful the pump needs to be? Is eheim 1060 (2280ltr/hr) sufficient?

So sad its not available locally, not even substitue. :( I've found a handful of internet dealer (usa) that carries it. Anyone can recommend? Ideally with low shipping fees (some dealer mark up alot on shipping)

Huh? I think those threads are lost.

If they are still around, can you show me the links? Thanks! :)

• SRC Member

A mini beckett will be a venturi valve. Beckett injectors are basically 4 venturi valve stuck together.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

A mini beckett will be a venturi valve. Beckett injectors are basically 4 venturi valve stuck together

Tanzy, don't understand what you meant :( thought venturi valve is just a hose connected after or before the pump sticking out from the water to suck air. totally different from beckett.

• SRC Member

A venturi is a specially designed restrictor on the water flow to create negative pressure that's why air gets sucked in. The pipe is to allow air to reach the submerged venturi valve.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

I think it is actually very important to make sure that your pump is very well matched or your foam production will be very weak.

I used the highest rated sump pump around (oceanrunner 6500) and it was performing at barely 40-50% efficiency. A big difference from my current Iwaki MX-70.

I have also seen some of the DIY beckett skimmers around and am not very impressed with them except with Alvy's 'Alvyfoamer' design that I am having now. You have to review what are the good commercial beckett unit designs and duplicate it to be almost exact as a difference in height or pipe diameter or a union fitting could mean a great deal of effectiveness and convenience being lost!

We don't have the luxury of building different models and experimenting with different fittings and sizes to test out. So try to reverse engineer exactly what the good brands are! ;)

My 2 cents.