6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure .. why not, the more the merrier... where's the organiser :heh:

so we pop by weileong's place this saturday first??? wanna pop by Jim's place too. :evil: not forgetting yours...... :heh:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

aiyah, im actually quite tied up this saturday... but let me recheck again :P

think we raid weileong's tank first, mine has nothing to offer anymore ;)

then maybe another place nearest is good enough.... the rest maybe some other saturdays lah... so we could enjoy quality time talking corals n fishes instead of travelling here and there.... what say u guys??

then maybe another place nearest is good enough.... the rest maybe some other saturdays lah... so we could enjoy quality time talking corals n fishes instead of travelling here and there.... what say u guys??

Yes Sir. :phone:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Agree... :yeah:

Simon, your sps are really colouring up nicely..... B) tank r getting very chio... :whistle

• SRC Member

nothing much lar... only one new addition, its a purple rim monti frag... heard from a reefer (who has got another piece from same source) there's nudibranch hidden under it :cry2:

That is really a pest........remember i was telling you guys that my six line jumped out and i was happy that i can finally look for more peaceful wrasse to put in my tank.....gosh......2-3 weeks without a wrasse and i discovered this pest on my monti, a few of my colonies got hit.......now still fighting, every night shine torchlight and suck em out slowly....had since put in a banana wrasse.

I concur with dipping with lugol+SW instead of FW....FW is too drastic change for the corals, sensitive sps and monti cannot take this kind of stress.....

btw, The purple rim monti is really a beauty....slurp slurp

• SRC Member
That is really a pest........remember i was telling you guys that my six line jumped out and i was happy that i can finally look for more peaceful wrasse to put in my tank.....gosh......2-3 weeks without a wrasse and i discovered this pest on my monti, a few of my colonies got hit.......now still fighting, every night shine torchlight and suck em out slowly....had since put in a banana wrasse.

I concur with dipping with lugol+SW instead of FW....FW is too drastic change for the corals, sensitive sps and monti cannot take this kind of stress.....

btw, The purple rim monti is really a beauty....slurp slurp

Bro, a few of yr colonies meant acros or monti ? I thought monti nudi only attack monti's ? Anyway, yesterday night i was using a torch to find those pest, i didnt see any leh.... how does it look like huh ? about the size of a polyps ? colourless ?

All wrasse family will do the job ?

• SRC Member

bro, monti colony lar.....but i did saw 1 on my digitata... <_< .....it's totally white like ghost.....looks just like a nudi lor..:lol: .....when you see white patches on the monti....that's where they will be, sometimes hiding in crevices and shady areas....some size can be quite big...ard 5-8mm

Until now, dont know which wrasse eats them but believe they get harrassed by the wrasse....(i always see my six line fat fat in the morning previously- :yeah: ..but they are agressive.. <_< )

In RC, some believe and had proved the grass wrasse eats zoathid nudi, some believe banana wrasse, but no clue for monti nudi.......

• SRC Member
bro, monti colony lar.....but i did saw 1 on my digitata... <_< .....it's totally white like ghost.....looks just like a nudi lor..:lol: .....when you see white patches on the monti....that's where they will be, sometimes hiding in crevices and shady areas....some size can be quite big...ard 5-8mm

Until now, dont know which wrasse eats them but believe they get harrassed by the wrasse....(i always see my six line fat fat in the morning previously- :yeah: ..but they are agressive.. <_< )

In RC, some believe and had proved the grass wrasse eats zoathid nudi, some believe banana wrasse, but no clue for monti nudi.......

>"but" i did saw 1 on my digitata...

Oh....i meant "and" - monti digitata... :cry2:

Here's a good link on them with very good pictures....

http://www.reeffarmers.com/tracygraynudi01.htm